cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bluetooth Keyboard: Windows Key, Alt+Tab, and Alt+Enter not working

Pastah
Explorer

When I used a Bluetooth Keyboard connected to my Quest 3 the Windows Key, Alt+Tab, and Alt+Enter keys do not work in the apps I'm in. Instead they're intercepted by Quest 3. This is most noticeable with Alt+Enter where the Quest 3 app minimizes instead of the remote desktop window inside the Quest 3 app.

I have tried this with 2 different bluetooth keyboards and in two Quest 3 apps, i.e. Virtual Desktop and Immersed. I was hoping I could work in VR but too many keyboard keys and shortcuts are intercepted by the Quest 3.

Can this get fixed please?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Thank you for providing the information we requested. We understand that having keyboard issues can really disrupt an amazing VR experience, and from the information you have given us, we would like for you to read through the supported Bluetooth keyboards by clicking here to ensure your Bluetooth keyboard is supported by Meta Quest. We hope this information is helpful. If you have any other questions or concerns, please feel free to reach out to us again, and we would be more than happy to help you further! 

If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!

View solution in original post

13 REPLIES 13

MetaQuestSupport
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey there, @Pastah! We know how important it is to have a fully functioning keyboard when working in VR, so we can certainly look into this together! Before we begin, we have a question for you! Which keyboard model are you using? We look forward to hearing back from you!

If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!

I tried with a

• MOFii Sweet DM Bluetooth/2.4G Wireless Dual Connection keyboard
  • Sunffice Rechargeable Bluetooth Keyboard

Thank you for providing the information we requested. We understand that having keyboard issues can really disrupt an amazing VR experience, and from the information you have given us, we would like for you to read through the supported Bluetooth keyboards by clicking here to ensure your Bluetooth keyboard is supported by Meta Quest. We hope this information is helpful. If you have any other questions or concerns, please feel free to reach out to us again, and we would be more than happy to help you further! 

Pastah
Explorer

I meant to say WindowsKey+Enter, not Alt+Enter.

This is not a hardware issue. I am very certain the operating system for the Quest 3 intercepts the Windows/Super Key as well as the Alt/Meta key which it should not. I have tested the keyboards connected to my native Windows 10 computer and they work fine.

If we assume that the WindowsKey+Enter key is defective on both keyboards, then there should be 0 behaviour seen when pressing WindowsKey+Enter. However when inside a VR app like Immersed or Virtual Desktop, the WindowsKey+Enter key minimizes the app into passthrough mode and shows me the Quest 3 App Bar that you see when you bootup the Quest 3.

Pastah
Explorer

Double checked again and Alt key makes my Internet Browser show it's Tool Bar (File, Edit, ...), and Alt+Space makes the Windows context menu show (Move, Restore, Close). But Alt+Tab and Windows Key does nothing. I am writing this post via the bluetooth keyboard right now and the keys work when connected directly to the Windows Machine but not when connected to the Quest 3 and utilizing these 2 remote desktop apps.

Thank you for taking the time to follow up with us on this. We're not saying this is a hardware issue as to imply your Keyboards are broken, if something is unsupported it means that the hardware and software are being developed without taking the supported aspect into consideration and therefore can't guarantee 100% functionality. We're always happy to hear when unsupported things work, because that means more people can use our devices but, when they do not work, our options are limited. You may try a hardwired device or a supported Bluetooth Keyboard, if the commands are not working on the unsupported keyboards. Our list of supported devices are growing, so hopefully, one day in the near future, these will be supported and have full functionality. Please let us know if you have any other questions or challenges!

Pastah
Explorer

Was a Jira Defect created for this issue to the Quest 3 Meta development team?

While Meta Quest Support does not directly work with our product development teams, the very best way to provide feedback to our engineers is to submit a Bug Report through the headset. The Report a Problem feature is for more than bugs; you can use it to send feedback regarding functionality and features as well!

Honored Guest

same here, what a frustrating issue 😢

Still need help?

Did this answer your question? If it didn’t, use our search to find other topics or create your own and other members of the community will help out.

If you need an agent to help with your Meta device, please contact our store support team here.

Having trouble with a Facebook or Instagram account? The best place to go for help with those accounts is the Facebook Help Center or the Instagram Help Center. This community can't help with those accounts.

Check out some popular posts here:

Getting Help from the Meta Quest Community

Tips and Tricks: Charging your Meta Quest Headset

Tips and Tricks: Help with Pairing your Meta Quest

Trouble With Facebook/Instagram Accounts?