cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bluetooth headphones causing games to completely stop working

Ji115andwich
Honored Guest

I've just seen I can attach media so I'll hop on my quest when I get the chance to update this with a demonstration but when pairing Bluetooth headphones to my quest it seems to disable games entirely and lag others out, my first example is VR chat, I load into the home world find but upon trying to go to any other world it breaks and sticks me in an abyss, rec room will let me click log in load the area then freeze at the end of the load bar, I tried going into it first then turning on my headphones and the second I did, the game froze turned to a 2d imagine and I was completely locked out of being able to play. I looked up to see if anyone else was having trouble and I've found nothing like this described. Surely I'm not the only one having it, if I am that's even more confusing 

6 REPLIES 6

MetaQuestSupport
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi there @Ji115andwich, we see you are having issues with games when you're connected via Bluetooth. We understand how troublesome this may be, but we're here to assist you all that we can! Can you start by providing us some information for us first?

• Has the Bluetooth every worked lag free?
  • Does any apps not have issue with this?
  • Have you done any troubleshooting of your own for this?
  • Have you tried with wired or another headphone?

Once we get a better visual with this information, we can aid you with more troubleshooting steps. Please let us know at your earliest convenience. Thank you!

If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!

MetaQuestSupport
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hiya! We're just waddling on over to check in with you. We're wondering if you are still having those unruly trouble with lag. If so, please don't hesitate to let us know, thank you!

If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!

Hi yep I'm away from home at the moment but I will be back in a few days at which point I can send a video showcasing the issue, I would sooner but the internet here is really slow so I cannot get the video to load 

Sounds good @Ji115andwich, we hope to hear from you soon, and get right into wringing out this problem!

I can attach photos but not videos apparently is there an email I could send it to ? Because without the video this really is going no where 

Yes, there is an email that you can send to. However, you would need to go through our customer support page through our website not on forums. If you would like to continue to send out an attachment then you can go through this channel. Once you get to our website try and manage the directory as best as you can ( the website options are a little vague ).  

Get Help
Did this answer your question? If it didn’t, use our search to find other topics or create your own and other members of the community will help out.

Check out some popular posts here:
Getting Help from the Meta Quest Community
Tips and Tricks: Charging your Meta Quest Headset
Tips and Tricks: Help with Pairing your Meta Quest
Trouble With Facebook/Instagram Accounts?