cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bonelab says not enough storage space to install, but I have plenty of space?

Red1Driver
Honored Guest

I purchased Bonelab, a new game, on the Quest 2 yesterday. I tried installing it, but it said "not enough storage space". I uninstalled several large games and made plenty of space, but when I press "install" on Bonelab, it still either says i don't have enough space, or it will start installing but get stuck at "0B out of 7 GB". I have checked storage, and it has said multiple different things about how much space I have, but they have all said I have at least 8 gigabytes.

I have tried restarting and fully powering off and booting up the device by holding Power button and Volume Down at the same time, which has slightly helped with device lag and freezing, but it is still getting stuck at 0 B out of 7 or just saying not enough space.

I have looked for a way to uninstall and retry, but I cannot seem to do that because it is already not installed.

I hope I will not have to factory reset, but please help as I have been waiting for this game since before I got a quest 2!

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions

MetaQuestSupport
Community Manager
Community Manager

Her Red1Driver, we totally get your concern with this as you have already confirmed that there should be space by uninstalling other apps. We're going to help you get this sorted out! Since you have already exhausted other troubleshooting, including power cycling the device, you will need to try a factory reset next. This will allow to the device to act as if it were brand new. You can back up your games to the cloud so they are easier to reinstall by following these steps:

1. Put on your headset, then hover over the clock on the left side of the universal menu. When Quick Settings appears, select it to open the Quick Settings panel.
  2. Select Settings
  3. Select System, then select Backup.
  4. Select the toggle next to Cloud Backup to turn Cloud Backup on or off.

Keep us updated on your progress and let us know if you need more help!

If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!

View solution in original post

Fortunately, I did not have to factory reset, as I recently tried starting the install, plugging in the headset, and just letting it sit for a long time yesterday. I came back from an outing after about 6 hours to find a very relieving "96%" on the install progress, and my storage space was now displaying an accurate number. I believe the problem may have been just that I had been trying to run too many tasks at once and it was a lot for the device to process. My issue is now fully resolved and I am enjoying the game, but thank you for letting me know how to back up my apps in the cloud in case of future issues!

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

MetaQuestSupport
Community Manager
Community Manager

Her Red1Driver, we totally get your concern with this as you have already confirmed that there should be space by uninstalling other apps. We're going to help you get this sorted out! Since you have already exhausted other troubleshooting, including power cycling the device, you will need to try a factory reset next. This will allow to the device to act as if it were brand new. You can back up your games to the cloud so they are easier to reinstall by following these steps:

1. Put on your headset, then hover over the clock on the left side of the universal menu. When Quick Settings appears, select it to open the Quick Settings panel.
  2. Select Settings
  3. Select System, then select Backup.
  4. Select the toggle next to Cloud Backup to turn Cloud Backup on or off.

Keep us updated on your progress and let us know if you need more help!

If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!

Fortunately, I did not have to factory reset, as I recently tried starting the install, plugging in the headset, and just letting it sit for a long time yesterday. I came back from an outing after about 6 hours to find a very relieving "96%" on the install progress, and my storage space was now displaying an accurate number. I believe the problem may have been just that I had been trying to run too many tasks at once and it was a lot for the device to process. My issue is now fully resolved and I am enjoying the game, but thank you for letting me know how to back up my apps in the cloud in case of future issues!

Hey hey, Red1Driver! We are glad to hear you are back on your way to enjoying the many wonders of VR! We are always here to lend a hand if any other issue arise! Happy gaming.

Get Help
Did this answer your question? If it didn’t, use our search to find other topics or create your own and other members of the community will help out.

Check out some popular posts here:
Getting Help from the Meta Quest Community
Tips and Tricks: Charging your Meta Quest Headset
Tips and Tricks: Help with Pairing your Meta Quest
Trouble With Facebook/Instagram Accounts?