cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Boot loop

AmRed5
Honored Guest

When i try to start up my oculus quest 2 it shows this white box sqaure thing and a green line bar and it finished and then i stay stuck on boot loop like the meta logo shows and then it repeats the same thing

5 REPLIES 5

MetaQuestSupport
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey there, @AmRed5! We hate to see that you are having trouble with your headset stuck in a loop. We know how having to deal with this is keeping you from enjoying a full VR experience, and we would be happy to help you with this issue!

Based on what you are describing, it sounds like your headset is stuck in an auto-update loop. This means that your headset is trying to update itself to the latest software version available but is stuck.

If you haven't already, we recommend trying to reboot your headset by holding the power button down for about 10 seconds. Then, after waiting for about 30 seconds, turn the headset back on.

If rebooting the headset doesn't work, we recommend performing a factory reset on the headset. If you are worried about losing your data from resetting the headset, not to worry! All the games and apps you have are saved onto your account, and the data for some of your games and apps should be saved onto the Cloud Backup for your headset. This feature is normally always on, so the games should save. Doing this should automatically update your headset. We can provide you with this link that offers different steps on how to reset your headset.

Please let us know if the reset is able to help with your issue!

If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!

MetaQuestSupport
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey there, @AmRed5! We're just checking in to see if you still need help with your headset being stuck in a loop. Please let us know, and we'll be happy to assist!

If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!

Dronicus
Explorer

I am also experiencing this on my Oculus Quest, and have tried both Factory reset methods. Occasionally it will boot to three dots and the ambient music with a black screen, where it then makes the controllers vibrate every five seconds.  I changed batteries/removed them for 5 minutes and no change. It's been a couple of months since I fired it up, but I think I did an update the last time I used it. I also once got it to produce some kind of virtual environment, but the controller cursors wouldn't track and the dialog was skipping around, so I could not effectively use it. Please help. Thanks.

Hey Dronicus,

We are upset to hear that you are having this issue! We understand that being able to have a headset that works is key to playing VR.

We have some ideas for you to try that might resolve this issue.

Have you ensured that the headset is fully charged (allowing it to charge for 2 hours and using the charger the headset came with originally to ensure that it is fully charged)?

As for the controller tracking issues, here are some things you can do to change your environment that might make it better!

• The playing environment is too bright, oversaturating the camera, or has interfering lights.
    • Examples: Christmas lights, LED strips, direct sun exposure, etc.
    • How to fix: Adjust the intensity of lights, try turning some lights off, reduce sun exposure, or use curtains or blinds.

• The playing environment is too dark, preventing the tracking cameras from working properly due to a lack of lighting.
    • How to fix: Turn some lights on and open curtains or blinds.

• The playing environment contains reflective surfaces, interfering with the tracking cameras.
    • Examples: mirrors, television screens, window reflections, glasses, polished marbles, etc.
    • How to fix: cover the reflective surfaces while playing or play in a different location.

• The playing environment does not have enough contrast between the objects or textures composing it.
    • Example: varnished wood furniture and parquet floors, all white walls, etc.
    • How to fix it: Play in a different location.

• Dirty tracking cameras

Please let us know if any of these work for you!

Howdy, @Dronicus! We were just checking in with you to see if you were still needing assistance. We look forward to hearing from you, and want to ensure you're well taken care of. We hope you have a great day!