cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bought Game, Didn't appear on library, now it's missing on store?

Zybun
Honored Guest

I just bought Lone Echo for the quest 2 through the headset. I got the email from oculus proving that the purchase has went through, as well as bank statements showing the money taken out of my account as well as an email from paypal also confirm the money has been sent.

As soon as I check the app library within my quest and mobile, it's nowhere to be seen. I've tried restarting my headset, logging in and out of my account on mobile as mentioned in other forum posts but I really don't want to do a factory reset on my headset. 

I tried to see if the game appear anywhere on the app store so I can try re-installing it, but it seems to have just disappeared, even when I specifically type it into the search box, I only get Echo VR (the arena disc sport one, not the story one)

Is there anything I can do to fix this or will I need to ask for a refund?

5 REPLIES 5

kojack
MVP
MVP

When you say you bought it through the headset, were you running Link or Airlink at the time?

Lone Echo is a PC VR game for the Rift, there is no Quest version of it and it can't be bought from the Quest store. But when you use the Quest in Link mode you are seeing the Rift store and can buy/play Rift games.

Author: Oculus Monitor,  Auto Oculus Touch,  Forum Dark Mode, Phantom Touch Remover,  X-Plane Fixer
Hardware: Threadripper 1950x, MSI Gaming Trio 2080TI, Asrock X399 Taich
Headsets: Wrap 1200VR, DK1, DK2, CV1, Rift-S, GearVR, Go, Quest, Quest 2, Reverb G2

RuneSR2
Grand Champion

I had no problem finding Lone Echo in the Rift Store, everything is perfectly fine.

You cannot play high-end VR games like Lone Echo without a gaming PC. I'd recommend a Nvidia gpu like RTX 3060 Ti or better for Lone Echo.

Quest 2 without a gaming pc only works with low-end games made for a phone gpu. You cannot play Lone Echo on a mobile phone - well, maybe in 10 to 15 years, lol.

Oculus Rift CV1, Valve Index & PSVR2, Asus Strix OC RTX™ 3090, i9-10900K (5.3Ghz), 32GB 3200MHz, 16TB SSD
"Ask not what VR can do for you, but what you can do for VR"

MetaQuestSupport
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey there, Zybun! You have come to the right place. We would like to provide you with this link here, this article lays out in detail the process and requirements to be eligible for a automated refund. Check out this information down below to get the steps on how to request an automated refund. 

• On Mobile [Gear/GO/Quest/Quest 2]
  1. Open the Oculus Mobile app on your phone.
  2. Tap Menu in bottom right corner.
  3. Tap Settings.
  4. Tap Purchase History.
  5. Select the content you'd like to request a refund for.
  6. Tap Request Refund.
  7. Follow the on-screen instructions to request your refund.

The moment you request a refund, it can take our team about 5 days max to review, verify and process the refund request. Please keep in mind, you're eligible for a refund if you have less than 2 hours in game, be within the required time from purchase: [ Quest = 14 days from purchase date ] If you happen to run into anything, then don't hesitate to reach back out to us. We want to get this taken care for immediately, so we hope to hear an update from you soon! We got you! If you need to private message us then click here: https://metaque.st/CommunitySupport. Next, click "Send a Message" to privately message us! Please remember, you must be signed into the community first to send us a private message.

If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!

emilio.nas.14
Honored Guest

Same here. bought it but can figure how to download it.  the answers you got are not good. I bought it, I have a PC. I dont want to return it. How do I download it??

You didn't say what is happening (can't find the game, download is failing, trying to get it on a Quest without Link/Airlink, etc) so this might not exactly match your issue.

First, make sure you have the Oculus Desktop App installed on the PC (and that PC needs to be a suitable gaming PC with a Nvidia or AMD GPU). https://www.oculus.com/download_app/?id=1582076955407037

Go into the desktop app and go to the Library tab. See if Lone Echo is listed there. You might need to click on Filters (in the top right) and enable Uninstalled Apps.

OculusClient_xQBImU4Ryb.png

If you can see Lone Echo, then mouse over it to get the Install option, which will download it.

OculusClient_invkNy57wV.png

If you have a Rift, you can then play it directly. If you have a Quest, you'll need to connect to the PC using Link (usb) or Airlink (wifi) to play.

Author: Oculus Monitor,  Auto Oculus Touch,  Forum Dark Mode, Phantom Touch Remover,  X-Plane Fixer
Hardware: Threadripper 1950x, MSI Gaming Trio 2080TI, Asrock X399 Taich
Headsets: Wrap 1200VR, DK1, DK2, CV1, Rift-S, GearVR, Go, Quest, Quest 2, Reverb G2