cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Boundary moves between sessions / saved boundary can't be reloaded

Furious_Monkey
Explorer

Hello,

I am experiencing two problems with saved boundary on my Quest 3 (PR-v64).

1. Moved boundary
Sometimes I restart the device, move rooms, create free room/stationary boundaries.
But once I am back in the already saved room "office", the borders are moved a few centimeters (approximately 10cm) every time in the same direction.

This is really troublesome, creating the same room every time again. Nothing much has changed, only some items on the desks and maybe the desk chair I move outside every time I create the room.

2. Restore saved boundary
Beside seeing the saved room still in the settings view, I can't restore this room. I need to start over.

I am not exactly sure when this started to happen. But it was already on v63 release happening.
I will try to snap some screenshots once this happens again and list what I have done since the last time I saved the room.

Br
Furious_Monkey

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

BlueberrieSmoothie
Meta Quest Support
Meta Quest Support

Hey hey @Furious_Monkey! I know it's not very convenient when your saved boundaries aren't saving correctly, and when you can't restore the saved boundaries as well. I have some good news for you here!

This was actually an issue that was brought to our engineers very recently, and just yesterday they let us know that it's been resolved. They let us know that if you were impacted to restart your headset (fully power off, and then back on), and then your saved boundaries should be working properly again!

If you're still having issues with your boundaries after a restart, then I would suggest either sending a PM to @MetaQuestSupport or opening your own support ticket here.

Make sure you smash that Kudos button!

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

BlueberrieSmoothie
Meta Quest Support
Meta Quest Support

Hey hey @Furious_Monkey! I know it's not very convenient when your saved boundaries aren't saving correctly, and when you can't restore the saved boundaries as well. I have some good news for you here!

This was actually an issue that was brought to our engineers very recently, and just yesterday they let us know that it's been resolved. They let us know that if you were impacted to restart your headset (fully power off, and then back on), and then your saved boundaries should be working properly again!

If you're still having issues with your boundaries after a restart, then I would suggest either sending a PM to @MetaQuestSupport or opening your own support ticket here.

Make sure you smash that Kudos button!

Furious_Monkey
Explorer

That is great news, I will check and write a PM if it is happening again.

Still need help?

Did this answer your question? If it didn’t, use our search to find other topics or create your own and other members of the community will help out.

If you need an agent to help with your Meta device, please contact our store support team here.

Having trouble with a Facebook or Instagram account? The best place to go for help with those accounts is the Facebook Help Center or the Instagram Help Center. This community can't help with those accounts.

Check out some popular posts here:

Getting Help from the Meta Quest Community

Tips and Tricks: Charging your Meta Quest Headset

Tips and Tricks: Help with Pairing your Meta Quest

Trouble With Facebook/Instagram Accounts?