cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Brand new Meta3. Mic is faulty. Fault headset?

WOOFY
Honored Guest

Hey,

I bought my meta quest 3 a few days ago via O2 and now it’s all updated ect. I can’t help but notice that the mic doesn’t work. Even when doing mic checks. Everything is enabled. I think it must be a dud/faulty. What should I do please help I bought a broken product. Is this is a thing? Please help!

2 REPLIES 2

J40NYR
MVP
MVP

Hi @WOOFY 

Just to make sure it isn't a weird glitch. Hold down the power button and the volume rocker until the reboot menu appears. Select reboot.

If it still isn't working it sound like a defective unit, it's not unheard of. Personally it will be quicker to return to 02 but you can head on over to our support page and raise a ticket if you want to return it to Meta (this will require a proof of purchase) https://www.meta.com/en-gb/help/support/

Hope this helps

Jonny

Quest 2, Quest 3, PCVR, Meta Wayfarer

TheLegend27
Meta Quest Support
Meta Quest Support

Hey @WOOFY! Just wanted to check in to see if your Quest 3 mic was still having issues after @J40NYR's hard reboot suggestion! Having a working microphone is a big part of the social experience for virtual reality, so I definitely want to make sure that's working for you.

• Is there any specific app that you're having trouble using the microphone in?
    • If so, have you tried enabling microphone permissions for that app?
  • Do you have any third-party accessories that might block the microphone for the headset?
    • Facial interface, decals, etc.?
  • Before opting to start a return process with O2 for your headset, you can also try a factory reset.
    • This will wipe the headset back to it's original state when it initially came out of the box. If you have questions about backing up your app settings and data, I recommend checking out our page for Cloud Backup.
Technology, at a certain level of sophistication, is indistinguishable from magic. - some wise guy or something probably
Still need help?

Did this answer your question? If it didn’t, use our search to find other topics or create your own and other members of the community will help out.

If you need an agent to help with your Meta device, please contact our store support team here.

Having trouble with a Facebook or Instagram account? The best place to go for help with those accounts is the Facebook Help Center or the Instagram Help Center. This community can't help with those accounts.

Check out some popular posts here:

Getting Help from the Meta Quest Community

Tips and Tricks: Charging your Meta Quest Headset

Tips and Tricks: Help with Pairing your Meta Quest

Trouble With Facebook/Instagram Accounts?