cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Brand new oculus won't charge after sitting unused for two years

raydaniel.2023
Honored Guest

Got a brand new oculus 2 two years ago. I just opened it and tried to charge it, but after letting it charge for a couple of hours, all it does is f ok ash a empty battery display for a second or two and then goes dead. Can't reset anything as it won't charge enough for that too happen. Tried to put in a support ticket but it takes me back to the main page. Can anyone help?

4 REPLIES 4

MetaQuestSupport
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hello there @raydaniel.2023, we appreciate your time spent on our forums page, and we hope you were able to complete the ticket process on our support page. We want to encourage you to continue working with our support team via our website, as they have more systems in place for broken devices like yours. 

If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!

Talk you, but i wasn't able to submit a ticket.

Hey there, @raydaniel.2023! We understand how troublesome it is to set up a ticket to reach our support page, and we're happy to walk you through the process!

1. Select the Meta Quest 2 icon.
  2. Next, select the "Headset Charging or Power" option.
  3. Then choose the "Charger not working" option.
  4. Next, select the "This did not solve my issue" button.
  5. Finally, you will have the choice of being contacted via email, chat, WhatsApp, or a scheduled callback request.

Once you choose how you wish to be contacted and submit your ticket, we'll be happy to continue assisting you there!

If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!

A battery that has been sitting for two years will be deep-discharged. It may take a number of hours before it even starts to charge so try leaving it on charge for 24-36 hours.