cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bricked Rift S

Mr_Fox12345
Honored Guest

My Oculus Rift S has a problem where it will connect for about 5 seconds, swapping my default audio device to the Rift S headphones, followed by a 2-4 second long beep and a disconnect, this repeats indefinitely.

Because firmware updates require the headset to be connected, I cannot install those.

My GPU drivers are up to date, and so is my Windows install.

What do I do?

1 REPLY 1

MetaQuestSupport
Community Manager
Community Manager

Good day, @MR Fox12345! We can see that you have concerns regarding the Rift S headset connectivity. We comprehend how this is affecting your virtual reality game experience! 

A couple of basic things we could try for PCVR are as follows:

• Reseat the cable and check for any possible bends, kinds, twists, etc.
  • You mentioned your GPU drivers and Windows being up to date, how about your Oculus drivers:
    1. Close the Oculus app
    2. Press the Windows key + R on your keyboard to open the Run command
    3. Enter C:\Program Files\Oculus\Support\oculus-drivers
    4. Open oculus-driver
    5. Open the Oculus app and then try to connect your headset again
  • Check that USB Power save settings are not enabled for your port:
    1. right-click the Start button and open Device Manager
    2. find your USB ports
    3. right-click and select Properties
    4. go to Power Management
    5. make sure that options to save power are deselected (Please note that it is normal that some of them will not have any checkbox for power saving settings).

If these troubleshooting procedures were successful in resolving the issue, kindly let us know. You should submit a support ticket here along with your computer logs for additional examination if the problem continues.

If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!