cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bro please some one help me

Carsonplaydagame
Honored Guest

I have a problem where when i try to play on steam vr or on the rift oculus it says that my PC disconected but its perfictly fine, what do i do

5 REPLIES 5

SpicyGun
Explorer

seems a cable issue. are you using third party or official Meta cable?

Great suggestion, SpicyGun! Yes, Carsonplaydagame, using the Meta-brand Link cable will ensure the best performance. You should also make sure your PC is fully compatible with Link according to THIS, and that your Oculus and graphics card drivers are fully up to date. We also have some other steps for you to try here:

• Repair the Oculus app following THESE directions.
  • Confirm your USB power settings:
    • Open Device Manager.
    • Locate your USB ports - Expand the universal serial bus controller section at the bottom of the list. Look for the "USB 3.0/3.1/3.10 eXtensible" items.
    • Right click and select Properties.
    • Navigate to Power Management.
    • Ensure that the options to save power are deselected.
      • Not all of these listings will have these Power Management options, so we can skip and move onto the next item in the list until completed.
  • Check for Selective Suspending
    • Right-click Start
    • Click Power Options
    • Click Additional Power Settings
    • Click Change plan settings
    • Click Change Advanced Power Settings
    • Find USB Settings
    • Make sure that Selective Suspend Setting is set to Disabled, and not Enabled.

If these steps don't help, then please gather logs according to THESE instructions, and attach the resulting ZIP file to a support ticket HERE, so our team can help you look into this further. Thanks!

If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!

im using a thrid party cable that had worked for a while but when i moved rooms the second you touch it or hit it it will say pc disconnected

Ah yeah. The third party cable might be what's getting ya down. However you did say you changed your play area. This could definitely have an adverse effect. Personally though, I think following the instructions from the above post would be the most beneficial. Speaking from experience, I know it sure helped me.

Anonymous
Not applicable

I don’t nou to diu the code

Get Help
Did this answer your question? If it didn’t, use our search to find other topics or create your own and other members of the community will help out.

Check out some popular posts here:
Getting Help from the Meta Quest Community
Tips and Tricks: Charging your Meta Quest Headset
Tips and Tricks: Help with Pairing your Meta Quest
Trouble With Facebook/Instagram Accounts?