cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broken Left Controller

ItzNiight
Honored Guest

My left controller recently "broke" late in October and I don't know how. Any reason why? Nothing's externally broken and I don't exactly have the equipment to check the inside. I practically quit VR because of this and now my headset is collecting dust on a shelf. I do not want that. I still want to be able to play games such as Beat Saber and Gorilla Tag without my left controller flying 10 feet away from me while swinging or freezing while I'm pinch climbing. I forget if I even got a warranty or not. Is there a way I can still get it fixed without a warranty or do I need one? If I do, how do I get one after the headset was bought?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

You don't say where you are from but in most countries a warranty entitlement is enshrined in law. If you somehow didn't get one, I wouldn't imagine it's available after purchase and particularly not if the device has already broken.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

You don't say where you are from but in most countries a warranty entitlement is enshrined in law. If you somehow didn't get one, I wouldn't imagine it's available after purchase and particularly not if the device has already broken.

Kamrantariorayhan
Honored Guest

I've been playing VR for about 3 years with the same Meta Quest 1, I play games such as Gorilla Tag, Rec Room, ETC. And about every time, I hit something or throw my controller, now whenever I play, it says my Left Controller is on, But it won't track, it's just stuck in one place. I am not sure if I have to buy one, or is there a way to repair it?

Kamrantariorayhan
Honored Guest

I've heard that you get a new Controller for free, is that true? Or do you need a Warranty, I am not sure if I got a Warranty. 

Even if you have a warranty it won't normally cover user-inflicted damage. Support have been known to be generous / inattentive in the past though so it's worth a try. If they say no, you haven't lost out.