cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broken controller

marjoizzyava
Honored Guest

Hi. I recently purchased a meta quest 3 headset and have unfortunately ran into a problem with my controllers. Left controller at times doesn’t want to work and will start to function as if I’m pressing buttons when I’m not touching anything at all. And sometimes no matter what I do, it won’t stop reacting that way. Only after not using it for several hours will the problem stop. My right controller is even worse because it won’t start at all. When I push the meta button it blinks as if it’s broken and will not stop blinking until I pull battery out. It does not work at all. I’ve tried everything. Replacing batteries, let it sit overnight, checked for updates, updated controllers, unpaired and repaired controllers. Factory reset. EVERYTHING. I’ve had this problem going on 5 days now and there is no way to reach meta at all. I’ve sent over for 4 tickets via their Mobile app and they still have not responded at all. It’s frustrating because there is now way to reach these people, and considering how much this headset cost, this honestly feels like a scam. After much research it seems this is a common problem for many customers. PLEASE SOMEBODY FROM META, RESPOND!

4 REPLIES 4

Choleni
MVP
MVP

Hi @marjoizzyava 🙂

I think there is a misunderstanding on your part.
You just send a bug report with your mobile phone and do not open a support ticket.
No one receives a response to a bug report........ it's just to notify meta of an issue.

You can open a support ticket HERE

scroll down the page to the "contact support" button

or

send a DM @MetaQuestSupport 

click on the name to visit their profile page, then click the "send a message" button.

They will get in touch with you and will help you with your problem.

MetaQuestSupport
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey @marjoizzyava! We never want anyone to feel ignored and can understand how you feel about multiple ticket submissions without a response. We hate to hear that your controllers are giving you issues, so lets see what we can do about getting you back to an awesome VR experience. Also thank you for providing us with all the troubleshooting steps you have already tried. For us to gain a little more information, can you answer the following questions:

• Did your controllers ever work as they should, and if so when did that change?
  • Do you have any third-party accessories?
  • Do the controllers show any LED indicators when charging?

We look forward to your response!

If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!

They used to work at some point but stopped working about 6-7 days ago. They don’t work at all, even with new batteries. No 3rd party accessories. The led light on the controllers does not blink properly. It blinks like it’s broken and will not connect. You have to see for yourself, as it’s hard to explain. But I know it doesn’t work at all

MetaQuestSupport
Community Manager
Community Manager

Thank you so much for providing us with this information! We would love to take a closer look at our options. Please reach out to us via PM, as we will need to gather some sensitive information. 

Please select our name to get to our profile page, or click here. Next, click "Send a Message" to privately message us! Please remember, you must be signed into the community first to send us a private message. We look forward to hearing back from you!

If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!
Still need help?

Did this answer your question? If it didn’t, use our search to find other topics or create your own and other members of the community will help out.

If you need an agent to help with your Meta device, please contact our store support team here.

Having trouble with a Facebook or Instagram account? The best place to go for help with those accounts is the Facebook Help Center or the Instagram Help Center. This community can't help with those accounts.

Check out some popular posts here:

Getting Help from the Meta Quest Community

Tips and Tricks: Charging your Meta Quest Headset

Tips and Tricks: Help with Pairing your Meta Quest

Trouble With Facebook/Instagram Accounts?