cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Buffering

UniquellyTonii
Honored Guest

So I want to watch 2160s videos on YouTube  on my meta quest 3 but the videos are constantly buffering how can I fix that? Btw I just bought the headset a few days ago

7 REPLIES 7

J40NYR
MVP
MVP

hi @UniquellyTonii 

Have you tried doing a speedtest on your headset by using the internet browser?

Quest 2, Quest 3, PCVR, Meta Wayfarer

MetaQuestSupport
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey there, @UniquellyTonii! Being able to watch Youtube in high resolution is awesome so running into endless buffering can diminish your enjoyment, and we would love to help see what can be done to allow you to do so. Firstly have you tried running a speed test as recommended by @J40NYR? This can see if you have the bandwidth to be able to load a video of that resolution properly from inside the headset. The headset should support even higher resolution, so this would point to connection being likely the issue. For troubleshooting this further, please check out our steps on wi-fi troubleshooting here.

Please reach back out if you continue to run into issues with this, and we would be happy to work with you further on tracking down the issue. 

If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!

MetaQuestSupport
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey there, @UniquellyTonii! Just checking in with you to see if you were still needed assistance with trying to watch these videos in 2160p. Please reach back out here if you need more assistance and we will be happy to continue working with you.

If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!

Can you further explain 

Yes I’m not sure what speed testing means 

So in this case, an internet speed test is used to test your connection speed so that you can see if you are running into issues with your connection. We cannot provide a specific test for you to use, but if you do a search for speed tests on the internet, you should find some reliable tests to give this a shot. 

MetaQuestSupport
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey, we wanted to check back in here to see if you still needed any assistance. Please don't hesitate to reach out!

Still need help?

Did this answer your question? If it didn’t, use our search to find other topics or create your own and other members of the community will help out.

If you need an agent to help with your Meta device, please contact our store support team here.

Having trouble with a Facebook or Instagram account? The best place to go for help with those accounts is the Facebook Help Center or the Instagram Help Center. This community can't help with those accounts.

Check out some popular posts here:

Getting Help from the Meta Quest Community

Tips and Tricks: Charging your Meta Quest Headset

Tips and Tricks: Help with Pairing your Meta Quest

Trouble With Facebook/Instagram Accounts?