cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CV1 Black Screen - Sound is ok, screen is detected (NVidia Panel from PC working properly)

guaks
Honored Guest
Hello.

Up until November, my CV1 was working properly. But on December 2nd I was going to use it as usual, but the display was off/black. When I connect Oculus CV1 to the computer:
  · The device is detected correctly.
  · Tracking is enabled.
  · Proximity sensor displays White/Orange led light ok.
  · The displays remain black or off.

When I put on the headset, Oculus Store/Library opens as usual but I can't see the oculus home on the displays. Using a tool called "HomeUnhider" (from this post) I can see what it is actually rendering to the hmd on a desktop window. This way I can control the Oculus Home, because tracker, controller and sound (on the headset audio) work. I checked all of this on some different computers with the same results.

This is my configuration:
   · Intel Core i7-4790 CPU @ 3.60GHz
   · 16 GB RAM
   · OS Windows 7 Enterprise 64 bits
   · NVidia GeForce GTX 980
   · Last Nvidia drivers running

Attached are the logs gathered using the tool commented here. The only thing I've found that called my attention is this (from OculusHardwareLogs/DeviceCache.json)
"operationalState":"inoperable",
"powerState":"active",
"problems":[{"error":"missingHDMI",
"sdkMessage":"No HDMI cable detected",
"severity":"critical",
"type":"hardware"}],
Could this be an issue with the hardware of the displays? (as everything else seems to work).

Many thanks.
0 REPLIES 0
Still need help?

Did this answer your question? If it didn’t, use our search to find other topics or create your own and other members of the community will help out.

If you need an agent to help with your Meta device, please contact our store support team here.

Having trouble with a Facebook or Instagram account? The best place to go for help with those accounts is the Facebook Help Center or the Instagram Help Center. This community can't help with those accounts.

Check out some popular posts here:

Getting Help from the Meta Quest Community

Tips and Tricks: Charging your Meta Quest Headset

Tips and Tricks: Help with Pairing your Meta Quest

Trouble With Facebook/Instagram Accounts?