cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CV1 Orange Light Only on Dedicated Graphics Card

wintryice
Honored Guest

Games will launch on my dedicated gpu and display a white light I can see the game running perfectly fine on my monitor but the vr display stays black
I can disable my dedicated gpu and run my integrated gpu however the framerate is awful and extremely slow 
I used to be able to disable the dedicated gpu and then reenable it and it would work just fine unfortunately that doesn't seem to be the case anymore.  
--

I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling everything imaginable and have tried everything I can find related to my issue to no avail.
--
Specs
--
NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 Laptop GPU
Driver version 527.56
AMD Ryzen 9 5900HX with Radeon Graphics 
15.37 GB RAM
1920x1080, 240Hz display

8 REPLIES 8

MetaQuestSupport
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey there, @wintryice! We've got your back! As we completely understand how this is affecting your VR experience, this is the last thing that we'd like to hear. 

There are some files that you cannot remove after uninstalling the Meta Quest app, therefore we'll give you with some incredibly simple steps that we know will come in handy and get your headset working properly again.

1. Disconnect the Rift/Link cable from the computer.
  2. Disconnect your computer from the internet.
  3. Backup any necessary content.
  4. Reboot into Safe Mode.
  5. Uninstall Oculus PC app using the Control Panel.
  6. Delete all Oculus folders from the following folder:
    • C:\Program Files
  7. Remove any Oculus folders from the following locations:
    • C:\Users\YourUserProfile\AppData
    • C:\Users\YourUserProfile\AppData\Local
    • C:\Users\YourUserProfile\AppData\LocalLow
    • C:\Users\YourUserProfile\AppData\Roaming
    • C:\OculusSetup-DownloadCache
  8. Restart your computer in normal mode.
  9. Reconnect your computer to the internet.
  10. Install Oculus PC app again using the setup tool from our website here.
  11. Reconnect the Rift/Link cable and re-test the headset.

Please let us know if they work to determine if any other troubleshooting steps are required.

If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!

Didn't work, the rift will not display anything

Hey, thanks for responding so promptly! We strongly recommend that you contact our great support team so that they can determine what is causing the error and get you back gaming. Please keep us updated on how things are going.

If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!

Hello there! We're just checking in to verify if you've already contacted our support team. For them to be able to assist you with the issues you're having with the headset's display while connected to the PC. Please keep us updated. Happy Holidays!

I have ordered an hdmi adapter and I'm waiting to see if that fixes the issue.

Thanks so much for updating us! We hope that helps resolve your issue. If not, please contact our support team for further assistance!

Apologize for the late update it did not work

Hey again @wintryice! No worries we are always here and ready to put on the super hero cape and lend a hand! Thank you for informing us that the assistance did not has not help so far. We were hoping that would be the K.O. 

Can you attempt the following for us:

• Update your GPU again.
  • Assign the GPU:
    • Close the Oculus Desktop software
    • Open Windows Settings > System > Display > Graphics Settings
    • Select Classic App from the drop down and click Browse
    • Select the OculusClient.exe
      (By default, this will be installed C:\Program Files\Oculus\Support\oculus-client\OculusClient.exe)
    • Click Options > High Performance > Save
      Ensure the "High Performance" option has your dedicated graphics at the top of this menu.
  • Set the priority:
    • Open Task Manager
    • Go to the Details tab
    • Find OVRServer_x64.exe
    • Right click on it and select Set Priority
    • Set this priority to High
    • Repeat steps 4 - 6 for VirtualDesktop.streamer.exe

After attempting the following, we do have one more punch up our sleeve, and that is for you to keep in touch with us from Meta Store Support, as we will have more tools on our belt to assist further.