cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can I if so how do I pay for a game with a Visa gift card

Anonymous
Not applicable

So I put in the gift card details and add it as a payment method. I purchase the game with it. it tells me to put in my oculus pin but when I do that a error message comes up.

17 REPLIES 17

MetaQuestSupport
Community Manager
Community Manager

Good Afternoon,

We hate when customers have access issues. Please use the following link to reset your Oculus pin.

https://support.oculus.com/119389083518185 and let us know if the issue persists.

If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!

Anonymous
Not applicable

It’s not the pin.

Hey Notsosneakyboy,

Thank you for being a part of the Oculus family! We understand that you are having issues using your visa gift card. Here is an article on what payment methods are allowed to purchase anything Oculus related. The card must be able to have funds added/reloaded to it. E-cards and virtual Mastercard's should work, but most gift cards do not have this option if your card is reloadable; you will then have to add the gift card, as a payment method to your oculus account. Here is a link on how to add/remove a payment method on your account. Feel free to reach out to us with any other questions, or concerns.

We look forward to seeing you in VR!. 😎🎮

If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!

The visa GIFT CARDS don't work well with oculus I have gotten them to work by selecting American Islands not America on the region selection when entering the card info if you are using an iPhone or anything that can do apple pay or something like apple pay then make your visa gift card the primary payment method on your  apple pay and use it through apple pay that seems to be the easiest way to use GIfT CARDS of any kind but if you don't have apple pay your best bet i

1.keep entering the info as you have been and it eventually will work

2.use apple pay or android pay (this is the easiest when dealing with gift cards)

3. Ask someone to by it for you and just give them the gift card in exchange 

These are the things I've done and had luck with the oculus store just doesn't like gift cards at all

I've tried to use a visa gift card with American Islands and it is still not working, any fixes???

Not Working I have a Visa gift card and I cant use it to buy beat saber I have tried 20 times in 4 different devices and it doest work a message with please select another payment method pops up

Hey Tupri! When it comes to Visa gift cards, there are a couple of requirements that need to be met in order to work for Meta Quest store purchases. Below is a list of the requirements:

• The card must be associated with a billing address
  • The card must be able to have funds added to the card 
  • There cannot be purchasing restrictions placed on the card. (we recommend contacting Visa to see about restriction as well as billing address and adding funds to the card)

If your card meets these requirements, please send us a private message and we can continue troubleshooting. Please let us know what devices you have tried to use your payment method on. Please copy and paste this link into your browser https://metaque.st/CommunitySupport or click on our name to get to our profile page, then click "Send a Message" to privately contact us. Please remember, you must be signed into the community first to send us a private message.

There’s no option to use apple pay though so how do you use it

SPRINGO1
Honored Guest

Try America for country and Alaska for state. Sometimes it says that it's not allowed or something like that but if you try again it should work

Get Help
Did this answer your question? If it didn’t, use our search to find other topics or create your own and other members of the community will help out.

Check out some popular posts here:
Getting Help from the Meta Quest Community
Tips and Tricks: Charging your Meta Quest Headset
Tips and Tricks: Help with Pairing your Meta Quest
Trouble With Facebook/Instagram Accounts?