cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can my laptop run oculus

jonathan_kettma
Sightseer
I was wondering if my laptop could run the oculus iTs a acer nitro 5 and the specs are i5 9400h, gtx 1650 and 16 gb ram
is this enough to Handel the oculus or should I buy the quest I also have another  question if the quest can run zero caliber.
1 REPLY 1

Richooal
Consultant
I can't answer all your questions, laptops seem more than a little unpredictable. Try Googling "acer nitro 5 gtx1650 for vr". Someone somewhere would have tried it.

First, they're both Oculus, it's the brand name. You are deciding between the Oculus Rift S and the Oculus Quest.
If you decide on the Quest, your GTX 1650 is not currently supported for using the "Link" cable, so you can only choose from the Quest library.

According to the store, Zero Caliber VR supports Rift and Rift S, no mention of Link support for Quest. Also the recommended card for this game is the GTX 1070. For this game at least, you're out of luck.
i5 6600k - GTX1060 - 8GB RAM - Rift CV1 + 3 Sensors - 1 minor problem
Dear Oculus, If it ain't broke, don't fix it, please.
Get Help
Did this answer your question? If it didn’t, use our search to find other topics or create your own and other members of the community will help out.

Check out some popular posts here:
Getting Help from the Meta Quest Community
Tips and Tricks: Charging your Meta Quest Headset
Tips and Tricks: Help with Pairing your Meta Quest
Trouble With Facebook/Instagram Accounts?