cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't Delete Account on Quest 2

residentevil35
Honored Guest

I bought the VR for my kids for Christmas. I set up my account which was the main admin account and it is linked to Facebook. I made a second account for my child, but fudged the age as older than she is just so she'd be able to have access to everything. After doing this a few day later, the app said you can have a teen account so I changed her age back to 12 and then Meta immediately blocked her account. I wasn't thinking. So they said her account was banned and would be removed within 30 days. Her account is no longer present when I log into the Meta quest account area on my browser, but it is still on the device when I go to accounts. 

I try to remove the account and it always says "something went wrong, please try again later". Not sure what else I need to do unless I want to completely wipe my device and reset. 

3 REPLIES 3

MetaQuestSupport
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi there! In matter of fact you will need to perform a Factory Reset to remove the account from the device as this is the only way to remove an account.  Please make sure to follow these steps: 

1. Turn off your headset.
  2. Hold the power and volume (-) button on your headset down simultaneously until the boot screen loads on your headset.
  3. Use the volume buttons on your headset to highlight Factory Reset and press the power button.
  4. Use the volume buttons on your headset to highlight Yes and press the power button.

Once this is done you can then add your other account and still play in the VR world!

If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!

MetaQuestSupport
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hello! We just passed by to see if your still in need of our assistance? We want to make sure your back in the VR world with us!

If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!

spyd4r
Protege

I'm in the same spot, the fact I have to wipe a device as a device owner to remove an account is insane.

Get Help
Did this answer your question? If it didn’t, use our search to find other topics or create your own and other members of the community will help out.

Check out some popular posts here:
Getting Help from the Meta Quest Community
Tips and Tricks: Charging your Meta Quest Headset
Tips and Tricks: Help with Pairing your Meta Quest
Trouble With Facebook/Instagram Accounts?