cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't Reach Oculus Runtime Service

Anonymous
Not applicable
When I try to start up my Oculus Software, I get a message that says, "Can't Reach Oculus Runtime service" "Your Oculus software my be updating. Pleas wait and try again. If the issue continues, contact Oculus Support. 

I've tried to do a repair through the set up exe. I've tried to uninstall and reinstall my Oculus Software. And nothing fixes it. Yes I've rebooted my PC as well. 
11 REPLIES 11

Anonymous
Not applicable
I've googled some steps on Reddit. That was no help. It referenced files that I don't even see in the Temp box. 

GpaBudd
Honored Guest
I live in Portland also and having same problem. I don't want to have to go through what you did if it didn't work ... so thanks for that.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Bump

nalex66
MVP
MVP
I'm getting this after installing the Windows 10 anniversary update. I had a lot of trouble getting the update installed--I had to temporarily disconnect my secondary SSD to get the update to complete. That SSD has my Oculus install on it, so I wonder if Windows broke something in the process.

Edit: So I backed up my Software and Redistributables folders, and ran Setup.exe, choosing the Repair option. Unfortunately, it got some errors during the Uninstall process, and then it stopped at 35 of 825 MB and wouldn't continue. So I cancelled it, downloaded the latest Setup.exe, and tried again. This time it didn't offer me the Repair option, so I just went through the install.

Once it was done, my account and all my apps were there as before without me needing to restore my backed up folders, so at least I didn't lose all my game progress (the backup/restore instructions implied I might lose my save files). My remote and controller wouldn't work, but I managed to go into Configure Rift and pair the remote. With a lot of fiddling, I eventually got my controller to sync with the dongle. Now, if MS can sort out the problem with the controller buttons not working in Oculus Home or games without constantly disconnecting/reconnecting, I'll be all set.

DK2, CV1, Go, Quest, Quest 2, Quest 3.

Try my game: Cyclops Island Demo

GriffVR
Honored Guest
Getting the same issue. Reinstalled, rebooted, followed Reddit guide but can't seem to  fix it.

Anonymous
Not applicable
I fixed it by reinstalling Windows. 

Filipegcamargo
Protege
I will not reinstall my win. Same error here. Its not my pc fault, its Oculus fault, so, wheres the fix??

Anonymous
Not applicable
having the same problem. any way to fix it ????

Pablito
Heroic Explorer
goto program files/oculus/support/oculus runtime

find "OVRserver x64"

click on it and let it connect, then open oculus home