cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't Uninstall Apps

LordPower
Explorer
  • About a month ago I was able to simply uninstall apps from my quest 2 but now when I click uninstall on an app nothing happens. I have the game STRIDE stuck updating and a new game that won't even start the installment process. My main goal is to uninstall the apps that I'm not using anymore to free up space. Please let me know if you have any answers or solutions for this issue. Thank you kindly in advance. 
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MetaQuestSupport
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey JohnnyOculusQuest2,

Nice name! We see you're running in to an issue uninstalling apps, and updating STRIDE. We're currently investigating this issue, but we've got a good workaround so you can get back to enjoying VR. Here's what you'll want to do:

1. Enable Cloud Backup on your Quest 2
  2. Factory reset your Quest 2

This will delete all the data on your headset, and allow you to continue downloading STRIDE. Let us know if we can help with anything else!

If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8

MetaQuestSupport
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey JohnnyOculusQuest2,

Nice name! We see you're running in to an issue uninstalling apps, and updating STRIDE. We're currently investigating this issue, but we've got a good workaround so you can get back to enjoying VR. Here's what you'll want to do:

1. Enable Cloud Backup on your Quest 2
  2. Factory reset your Quest 2

This will delete all the data on your headset, and allow you to continue downloading STRIDE. Let us know if we can help with anything else!

If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!

I downloaded V-speedway and it is suck updating and I cannot delete it and I cannot stop it from updating. Please help me OculusSupport.

Heya! 

We are here to the rescue! We understand you're unable to update 'V- speedway', we also noticed you're unable to uninstall the app. Rest assured we just the steps you need, so let's get started! 

First we would like to know if you're experiencing this issue with other apps/games at the moment? If so which app/games are you experiencing this with. 

If you can kindly please pull out your mobile device and let us try out this step. We ask that you uninstall the mobile app and then reinstall the app. This process should help act like a restart. It can help clear any glitches or internal errors. 

If after this you're still unable to update your game then we would like to go ahead and try out a few more steps. 

The next step we advise to take is a rebooting your headset. To reset your headset please follow these steps down below: 

To restart your headset: 

1. With your headset on and powered on, press and hold the power button on the right-hand side of your headset until you see the Power off screen.
  2. Select Restart. Your headset will turn off and then turn back on.

If you're unable to restart your headset: 

1. Press and hold the power button for at least 10 seconds. This will manually turn off your headset. 
  2. Wait 30 seconds.
  3. Press and hold the power button until your headset turns back on. 

If restarting your device still does not bring any solution then please feel free to update us. We want to make sure you're back up and running with now errors. 

We are hoping for the best. 

I think my oculus quest two might not have enough storage, it only has 11 GB free and I think it is the first update for V-speedway.

Hey there Soccerboy1207!  It's very possible the update/installation is failing because you do not have enough space. We can help you and walk you through uninstalling an unused app from your headset or app.

First you go to the library, and click on the three dot menu next to the game you wish to uninstall to make room. Than you can attempt to install the V-Speedway again. We hope you found these instructions handy. Please let us know if you encounter any further issues, we're happy to help! 

Hi again! We just wanted to check in and see if you were able to clear up some space by uninstalling some other apps so that you can get V-Speedway on your headset. Let us know if you need any further assistance!

I did the factory reset and it fixed my issue. I had too many apps installed at once and couldn't free up space. OncenI did the factory reset, I was able to install the apps I was using in the moment in order to not jam up the space. Thank you! It worked!

You may have too many apps installed at once. You might have to factory reset and install the apps your using in the moment.