cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't add gift card as payment method

ThatGuyFinn_
Honored Guest

Im trying to buy a game on the oculus store with a pre paid gift card, the numbers are right, it has enough money in, and its activated and its still saying that the card is declined and to re-enter the information or try a different payment method. Ive re-enterned the cards details multiple times and its still being declined

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MetaQuestSupport
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi everyone! We understand a lot of you are trying to purchase games and apps using gift cards. Although your gift card may fall under the payment methods on our support site, there are a couple more requirements that need to be met in order for them to work with our system. The card must be associated with a billing address and be able to have funds reloaded back onto it. Many gift cards do not meet both of these criteria so they cannot be added. We hope this helps clear things up. 👍

If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!

View solution in original post

66 REPLIES 66

Lunan_
Honored Guest

The same thing has been happening to me. I've tried multiple different gift cards that have more than enough money to buy the games, but it keeps giving me the same message over and over again. Someone also said to log out and redownload the app but that didn't work for me either.

WolfStoneTM
Honored Guest

Same thing oculus needs to get there **bleep** in order

Alloy14
Honored Guest

Yea no there isnt really a solution i have seen personally that would help, as i too am suffering from not being able to buy a game with a pre-paid card.

MetaQuestSupport
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi everyone! We understand a lot of you are trying to purchase games and apps using gift cards. Although your gift card may fall under the payment methods on our support site, there are a couple more requirements that need to be met in order for them to work with our system. The card must be associated with a billing address and be able to have funds reloaded back onto it. Many gift cards do not meet both of these criteria so they cannot be added. We hope this helps clear things up. 👍

If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!

Well, I'm using a mastercard gift card and it says on your website that mastercard gift cards work, and it's getting declined even though it has $100, I put in the correct information, and I put in the correct pin. So yall should probably get that bug fixed soon or you're gonna lose a lot of money from lots of people.

Hey there AgingMacaroon, thanks for reaching out! We can't guarantee support for disposable gift cards such as VISA or Mastercard gift cards, as they operate differently than debit cards, such as not having a billing address associated with them or being unable to reload funds back onto it. For this reason, gift cards cannot be used to purchase content from the Oculus Store. Hope this clears up any confusion and answers any questions!

If the cards aren’t supported, why can you add them in the first place? If Oculus won’t accept them as a payment method, whatever. Just make sure that you specify what will and won’t work. It’s very frustrating.

9pointdeer
Honored Guest
Get Help
Did this answer your question? If it didn’t, use our search to find other topics or create your own and other members of the community will help out.

Check out some popular posts here:
Getting Help from the Meta Quest Community
Tips and Tricks: Charging your Meta Quest Headset
Tips and Tricks: Help with Pairing your Meta Quest
Trouble With Facebook/Instagram Accounts?