cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't click in Virtual Desktop

sacolton
Protege

All of the sudden, when I enable the Link and open Virtual Desktop, it opens my Windows Explorer, but I can't perform any mouse actions.  None of the Oculus buttons react to my attempts to click on an icon inside Virtual Desktop.  Remotes work fine outside Virtual Desktop, but not when I'm inside.

Any ideas?  I tried rebooting the Oculus.  No luck.

9 REPLIES 9

Uckz
Honored Guest

I've got the same issue, not seen any fixes

Hey there! Thanks for reaching out. We completely understand how it feels to have issues with virtual desktop. We recommend trying to uninstall and re-install the virtual desktop app on the headset and the computer. Once you have tried that please get back to us and let us know if your issues persists. Thanks!

If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!

Uckz
Honored Guest

Sorry, I didn't really specify. The issue occurs when in the oculus link (using the link cable) and I choose to display my monitors on the screen using the taskbar. It's not a standalone app.

MetaQuestSupport
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey there @Uckz! Thanks for reaching back out. We would recommend trying the following steps for a clean uninstall/reinstall of the Meta Quest PC app. This should reinstall the MEta Quest drivers completely which will hopefully resolve your issue.

1. Disconnect the Rift/Link cable from the computer.
  2. Disconnect your computer from the internet.
  3. Backup any necessary content.
  4. Reboot into Safe Mode.
  5. Uninstall Oculus PC app using the Control Panel.
  6. Delete all Oculus folders from the following folder:
    • C:\Program Files
  7. Remove any Oculus folders from the following locations:
    • C:\Users\YourUserProfile\AppData
    • C:\Users\YourUserProfile\AppData\Local
    • C:\Users\YourUserProfile\AppData\LocalLow
    • C:\Users\YourUserProfile\AppData\Roaming
    • C:\OculusSetup-DownloadCache
  8. Restart your computer in normal mode.
  9. Reconnect your computer to the internet.
  10. Install Oculus PC app again using the setup tool from our website here.
  11. Reconnect the Rift/Link cable and re-test the headset.

I you're still having trouble after trying these steps please reach back out to our wonderful support team, as we are able to assist you with this issue further through our email, chat, and callback channels. Thanks!

If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!

Uckz
Honored Guest

This did fix the issue temporarily, however on my first session back playing oculus, after about 4 interactions with my desktop it stopped working, it might have been after pinning a window to the game, but I can't quite remember

yeah man i have had the same problems as of recently and it started after a software update.

Hey there, @siegecasarez! We understand how this could affect your VR experience. We would want to encourage anyone who is experiencing this issue to submit it as a bug so that our engineering team can investigate and find a solution as soon as possible. We'll leave the steps for you to be able to report this issue below.

To report a bug from your headset:

1. Press on your right Touch controller to pull up your universal menu.
  2. Hover over the clock on the left side of the universal menu. When Quick Settings appears, select it to open the Quick Settings panel.
  3. Select Report a Problem.
  4. Follow the instructions to submit your bug report.

To report a bug from the Meta Quest mobile app:

1. Shake your phone until the Report a Problem screen appears.
  2. Tap Something Isn't Working.
  3. Follow the instructions to submit your bug report.

So instead of a link to update said drivers, the user has to jump through 37 hoops. Got it. I found this forum from my own replication of OP's issues, and this is the best response we have? No wonder I just put the headset down for the very last time: I have 3 games I play with any sort of regularity, and encounter issues like this on every. one. Sounds like the common denominator is Facebook. I bought the Oculus Rift. I bought the Quest 2. The Quest 2 will be the last bit of money I ever send to this company. 
Do better.

Hey! Just wanted to chime in real quick. The steps support was providing above were actually for a full clean uninstall and reinstall of the PC app, not just an update for the drivers. When other troubleshooting steps haven't worked for PCVR issues, one of the best troubleshooting steps we can try is fully wiping everything related to the app from your PC to install it fresh. That way, if there are any little bugs hiding in any files, they're taken care of. 

If you're having similar issues and still want help, before having to go through all of those steps, I would definitely suggest trying a repair of the app first. Repairing the app will assess the integrity of the current installation, and add missing files or upgrade missing files from the database, so it's always a good place to start.

Here are the steps to repair the PC app:

• Download and run the Installation Software (meta.com/quest/setup/)
  • You will see a screen which says "Already Installed".
  • Click the "Repair" option, and confirm again on the next screen.
Make sure you smash that Kudos button!