cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't connect to Gear VR app

MoiseiDiana
Honored Guest

Hi. I have a Samsung s20FE. Yesterday my mom found in sale samsung Gear VR powered by oculus. She knew i have a samsung so she decided to buy it and make a surprise. The thing is i cannot find the app on play store so i can't connect the vr or the remote to the phone. I saw cool videos where people connected the vr to the TV so everyone could see what they were seeing with the vr and it seemed funny but now i can't even connect them. What should I do? Is there any way to use them without needing to buy another phone?

2 REPLIES 2

DownunderGrumpy
Heroic Explorer

That is probably because the Gear VR was discontinued by both Samsung and Oculus/Meta.
You can still find the app in places like APKMirror and such but good luck finding any usable content.

MetaQuestSupport
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey there, @MoiseiDiana, and thanks for reaching out with this question! While it is true that we no longer offer support for Samsung Gear VR, we are still happy to assist with getting you to the places where you can determine what is available for that platform. First, you would need to verify your phone is compatible:

Samsung Gear VR Phones

If the phone is compatible, you also have to make sure the version of Android installed is compatible;

Upcoming Samsung Gear VR Changes

If you're set there, then you may still be able to follow the directions from Samsung on the software installation:

Installing Samsung Gear VR Software

Please be aware that upgrading the Phone OS, deleting the app, or resetting the device can cause permanent loss of access. If you're having any further struggles with this, reach out to Samsung directly here:

Samsung Support

Best wishes for this with you, and hope this spurs a deeper dive into the world of VR, it is truly amazing!

If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!
Still need help?

Did this answer your question? If it didn’t, use our search to find other topics or create your own and other members of the community will help out.

If you need an agent to help with your Meta device, please contact our store support team here.

Having trouble with a Facebook or Instagram account? The best place to go for help with those accounts is the Facebook Help Center or the Instagram Help Center. This community can't help with those accounts.

Check out some popular posts here:

Getting Help from the Meta Quest Community

Tips and Tricks: Charging your Meta Quest Headset

Tips and Tricks: Help with Pairing your Meta Quest

Trouble With Facebook/Instagram Accounts?