cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can’t download horizon worlds

Mike_Wilcher
Honored Guest

Still can’t down load horizon worlds. Is it still invite only?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hi Randy! Since Horizon Worlds is developed and published by Facebook, general Oculus support would be the best way to reach out for help. With that being said, if you'll take a look at the app page in the Oculus store you'll see an update in the description:

"As of January 13, 2022, Horizon Worlds will no longer be supported on Quest 1. After January 13th, Horizon Worlds will still be available on Rift S and Quest 2 headsets. New Quest 2 users will be able to download Horizon Worlds approximately 48 hours after they set up their headset. If you are based in the US or Canada and do not see an option to download Horizon, please check back shortly!"

It looks like our developers are aware of this issue where users are unable to install Horizon Worlds, and they're working on resolving it. We hope this helps. 👍

If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!

View solution in original post

146 REPLIES 146

MetaQuestSupport
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey all, we're just as excited for Horizon Worlds as you! As far as access goes, it should be rolled out for everyone. But if it isn't, we suggest waiting just a little bit to see if that changes. If it doesn't change in the next 48-72 hours, definitely let us know. Cheers! 

If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!

I'm on quest 2 and Horizon Worlds isn't working. I can go to my personal space, but when I pull up the friends or worlds it's nothing but a blank white box.  This is the 3rd day it's happened

We totally understand how not being able to access your friends doesn't help you trying to connect with them. Since Horizon Worlds just came out, there are bound to be some bugs! We are still working on everything and future updates will help correct them. Feedback like this really helps! 🙂

I still can’t download Horizon Worlds either. 

Hmmm... I just Uninstalled & immediately re-installed it without a problem. Now everything works fine. You can install it onto ur headset? Have you made sure you have enough room ( it's like a phone in that sense) 

randywreed
Explorer

Still says "Coming Soon"

Ah OK. All I know is that it was only opened up publicly to the US & Canada, so far. (Not sure where you're from). Only other advice I can offer is to manually restart your headset & do the uninstall/reinstall of the app. Also you should put a ticket in with the oculus team to have them check it out. Maybe something on their end?

I'm in the U.S. I put in a ticket with oculus team before. They seemed to think Jan 13 was magic. I guess we'll see tomorrow. Is there a way to put in a ticket with the horizon team, rather than just general oculus support?

Hi Randy! Since Horizon Worlds is developed and published by Facebook, general Oculus support would be the best way to reach out for help. With that being said, if you'll take a look at the app page in the Oculus store you'll see an update in the description:

"As of January 13, 2022, Horizon Worlds will no longer be supported on Quest 1. After January 13th, Horizon Worlds will still be available on Rift S and Quest 2 headsets. New Quest 2 users will be able to download Horizon Worlds approximately 48 hours after they set up their headset. If you are based in the US or Canada and do not see an option to download Horizon, please check back shortly!"

It looks like our developers are aware of this issue where users are unable to install Horizon Worlds, and they're working on resolving it. We hope this helps. 👍