cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't find Lakeside Peak for Home Environment

ThisShay
Protege

I know this isn't important but does anyone have any information when the Lakeside Peak Home Environment will appear?

39 REPLIES 39

Thank you for following up on this - we appreciate your help. 

PI.R.NO
Honored Guest

about the lake side peak environment, appeared in my headset 3, installed and worked, but no longer appears in the preference menu.

MrBIO
Expert Protege

Yeah, it's weird that it disappeared again. Maybe they found a bug? I noticed high amounts of shimmering on the floor. Could be that. Let's just hope they are going to bring it back soon.

TheAntiSocializer
Meta Quest Support
Meta Quest Support

Hey everyone! I just got some word back and it looks like they did release the environment to the public for a bit. They did notice there were some bugs so they temporarily removed it while they currently work to better optimize it for the headsets.

Since they removed it for now, I'm sure a few users who were able to download it might experience some crashing. If you are running into some crashes, I'd highly suggest trying the following:

• Reboot your headset by turning it off and then back on.
    • If rebooting does not resolve the issue, open up the Meta Quest mobile app on your phone.
    • As soon as you see passthrough, launch an app via the Meta Quest mobile app.
    • Once the selected app is open, access your settings and attempt to change your environment through the settings menu.
  • After attempting these steps, try rebooting your headset one more time to see if the issue has been resolved

I'll reach out as soon as I get some more information!

Sometimes it's okay to be a little Bing Chilling

MrBIO
Expert Protege

As of May 31st, the environment is back. Lets hope it wont be removed again.

One anoying think is that the flat area to the left or to the right if looking at the tent looks horrible. The textures are really low quality, which wouldnt be a problem if it was further, but it's not. Also I dont think that the 2d tree leaves are really that neseceary for good performance. The ones that are closd should be switched out for 3D models or at least have a higher res texture.

Good job on the far away mountains. They are really nice looking, although an animated skybox where for example the clouds are moving would make it even better.

TheAntiSocializer
Meta Quest Support
Meta Quest Support

Hey everyone! Just wanted to jump in here and check in on how things are going. If you're still missing the environment, do not be alarmed. They're still working to better optimize it for everybody. If you're having issues with the environment, I'd definitely suggest the previous steps I posted in the meantime. 

@MrBIO are you still able to see and use the environment freely by chance?

I got it this week - Thank you for all your work and following up on this!

Oh yeah. The environment has been there since my last comment. Them optimizing it even more are also awesome news.

TheAntiSocializer
Meta Quest Support
Meta Quest Support

Awesome, thanks for letting me know! I'll get with our internal team to let them know as well. From here they did let me know if there are any issues, those previously posted steps would be the best ones to take at the moment while they work on optimization. 

Hopefully its smooth sailing from here. Thanks again everyone!

NomadsAnIsland
Heroic Explorer

The environment finally showed up with the v66 update on my Quest 2. Nothing like being late by 3-4 versions.

Still need help?

Did this answer your question? If it didn’t, use our search to find other topics or create your own and other members of the community will help out.

If you need an agent to help with your Meta device, please contact our store support team here.

Having trouble with a Facebook or Instagram account? The best place to go for help with those accounts is the Facebook Help Center or the Instagram Help Center. This community can't help with those accounts.

Check out some popular posts here:

Getting Help from the Meta Quest Community

Tips and Tricks: Charging your Meta Quest Headset

Tips and Tricks: Help with Pairing your Meta Quest

Trouble With Facebook/Instagram Accounts?