cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't find "Phone Notification" option to enable Android notifications in V34 update

JeffNik
MVP
MVP

I have upgraded to V34 and wanted to try out the Android phone notifications on my Quest. You're supposed to initiate the feature by going to the mobile app, under "devices" and enable the "Phone Notifications" option there. My mobile app does not have "phone notifications" under "devices"... just:

wi-fi

controllers

developer mode

[etc]

... am I looking in the right place? I believe I'm on the most recent app version - there no update option in the play store. Any ideas? Maybe the feature isnt available yet for my Galaxy S21?

280 REPLIES 280

Same

Anonymous
Not applicable

I was having the same problem of getting it all setup finally but no notifications coming through.  Couldn't select any other apps besides calls and texts either.  So I gave up and left it.  This was a week or so ago.  Then it magically started working the other night without any extra effort.  Started getting notifications for everything on my phone.  In the app then I could see and disable apps I didn't want to interrupt me in VR. 

Well, then I will just wait and see what happens lol. I have seen a couple of other posts saying the same thing. Did not work and then all of a sudden it started working.

shdwlynx2
Explorer

I had exactly the same issue and tried reinstalling the app on my Android phone a few weeks ago.  I killed the app and reinstalled it again today and now the Phone NotificationsNotifications option appears as expected, finally!

That said, although I went through all the steps to enable notifications on the phone and both the Oculus phone app and the headset itself show that it's good to go, I still don't get any notifications on the headset for incoming text messages.  Maybe it'll just fix itself next time I turn on the Quest...

Roymus
Explorer

Same exact situation here...I have the notifications option in the phone app and on my headset, everything looks good to go, but still no notifications.  I did notice the Notifications option in Oculus home, selected it and there's a Setup option but it's disabled.  Not sure if this is even necessary, just thought I'd mention it.

Oh yeah definitely. I get the messages in the quest 2, and I use the default samsung messaging app. Also, it's supposed to show up in Bluetooth devices as connected...

Working for me now. Thanks Oculus team for sorting it out. Regards.

The notification option finally appeared, but the headset notifications only worked on the first day. Never to be seen again... Oh, well. Bumpy launch, indeed.

have you tried to leave the app opened in the phone before going to play in the oculus?