cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can’t follow friends?

IEET
Explorer

Alright so, I wanted to add my brother, his username was 6bonz, and whenever I search his name I see his profile but there’s no follow button, just a chat button. We both double checked all our privacy settings and we’re not friends on Facebook or oculus, I can’t even see him on my friends list or invite to party list. This is frustrating. As I said, I can view his profile but there’s no add or follow button anywhere, we even blocked and unblocked each other.

55 REPLIES 55

biscuitsngravyy
Retired Support

Can you check to see if you're both on the latest version of the mobile app, and also that you're on the same software version on your headset? You may want to try logging out and logging back into the mobile app as well. Let us know if you're still having issues and we can look into this further for you two. 

55 BURGERS 55 FRIES 55 TACOS 55 PIES 55 COKES 100 TATER TOTS 100 PIZZAS 100 TENDERS 100 MEATBALLS 100 COFFEES 55 WINGS 55 SHAKES 55 PANCAKES 55 PASTAS 55 PEPPERS AND 155 TATERS

biscuitsngravyy
Retired Support

Just wanted to reach out and see if you're still having issues. Let us know and we'd be happy to look into this further for you! 

55 BURGERS 55 FRIES 55 TACOS 55 PIES 55 COKES 100 TATER TOTS 100 PIZZAS 100 TENDERS 100 MEATBALLS 100 COFFEES 55 WINGS 55 SHAKES 55 PANCAKES 55 PASTAS 55 PEPPERS AND 155 TATERS

Did everything still can’t add them

Thanks for getting back to us! It's not as much fun playing alone, we'd love to get this sorted out so you can play all your favorite games with your friends and family! Please reach out to our support team here so we can look into this further. We look forward to hearing from you!

If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!

I did and you guys replied once then ignored me on whatsapp. 0/10

I am having this exact same issue..

We totally get how you feel, it's always better to be able to play with all our friends. Lets get connected over PM to get to the bottom of it. Please select our name to get to our profile page, or click here: https://metaque.st/CommunitySupport. Next, click "Send a Message" to privately message us! Please remember, you must be signed into the community first to send us a private message.

If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!

DatFreckledBeta
Explorer

Having the same issue. We just got a second Quest 2 and created an account for my daughter but I can't follow her and she can't follow me. I am able to message and follow others but she does not have the ability to follow anyone or message anyone. When I attempt to message her, it says "Messaging not enabled by this person" and I can't find any setting to enable it.

Hey there @DatFreckledBeta! We love to see families enjoying the world of VR together! We know how it feels missing out on social features, we'd love to help you out. When setting up your daughters account did you happen to enable parental supervision? You may need to change the features allowed on the account, for more information check out our site here! Some social features may be limited without having the account linked to Facebook as well. Hope this helps!