cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't install Oculus Software on Windows 11

Smoothy101
Explorer

Hey there,

I can't seem to install Oculus Software on Windows 11, I'm running build: Build 22499.rs_prerelease.211105-1550.

It's an insider preview build but besides Oculus everything seems to work perfectly fine so I have no idea why it won't work or what's going wrong.

Any insights are appreciated! 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MetaQuestSupport
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey there Smoothy101,

We got an answer for you! Windows 11 is not yet supported with our Oculus PC software. To ensure the best performance with Rift S or Link, please use Windows 10. We apologize for that misunderstanding.

Please stay tuned to our social media for any news on when this will be updated!

Hope this helped!

If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!

View solution in original post

28 REPLIES 28

MetaQuestSupport
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey there Smoothy101,

We got an answer for you! Windows 11 is not yet supported with our Oculus PC software. To ensure the best performance with Rift S or Link, please use Windows 10. We apologize for that misunderstanding.

Please stay tuned to our social media for any news on when this will be updated!

Hope this helped!

If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!

Thanks for the quick reply! Any insights on when this will be supported? Cause I am currently indeed developing on a windows 11 machine and testing on a windows 10 machine.

We do not have an ETA just yet. It is actively being worked on, though. We'll make an announcement when we have an update. Or maybe we'll just surprise you all one day and just drop it!

But for now we have no further updates. Hang in there!

Anonymous
Not applicable

So does this mean that the cable that I can use for the Quest 2 won’t work on Windows 11 either? Knew I shouldn’t have upgrades to 11

@Smoothy101 
@Anonymous 

That is some grade A Bullcrap, Windows and its functionality has largely remained the same, I have living proof of it working, after some changes, It took me 4 days to resolve the issue. They don't give a crap about the users and all they can do is use a script so I guess its up to us. Might I see the install log.

how did u fix it? have the same problem, it even worked on win 11 for a while but than i got an blackscreen error and unistalled it win 11 safe mode, now when i try to install it, i can`t do it anymore..

All you need to do is to Disable driver signature enforcement. Oculus will install and you'll be able to play games.

Latest insider update broke desktop capture, so you'll see black screen instead of desktop.

I’m doing this now do will the oculus app work normally with driver signature enforcement enabled or do I have to play with it disabled?

pimikiel
Explorer

It is required only for the install. It can be disabled after that