cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't interact with remote desktop in workrooms

greyth0rn
Honored Guest

I've loaded up Horizon Workrooms to take it for a spin, and have been able to connect to my laptop (Surface Book 3 running Windows 11, RD version 1.1.0.12.3008). That is, I can see my screen(s), but am unable to interact with the content on the screen.

I can see everything (kinda low-res but workable), I can interact with the in-room whiteboard, and I have an Apple Magic Keyboard paired to the headset, but I can't do anything with my remote computer.

I've tried rebooting, reconnecting and updating, what else should I be trying?

I am on a work network, but it allows Windows RD connections and I can see my screen through the Oculus RD, so I don't think it's being blocked.

27 REPLIES 27

Hi there! We see that everyone here seems to be having issues using Horizon workrooms. That is definitely something we would like to help you make use of and we know how situations like this can feel.  

Please follow this link here to our email based support. That way we can give you the specialized 1 on 1 support that you deserve. 

Thank you all for being members of the community!

If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!

Peteo
Expert Protege

The Issue is it seems you can not use the keyboard in workrooms with it paired your quest, it needs to be paired with the remote desktop computer. I hope the change this!

Jofish19
Honored Guest

This is so disappointing. I can use virtual desktop and Steam and interact with my PC from anywhere on earth with Wi-Fi. And Meta themselves hasn’t figured out how to do this? What is the point of being able to see three monitors remotely without being able to interact with your PC? Why would I ever need the capability to see my monitors from anywhere if I have to be sitting in front of my PC to use it? I’ve never been more let down by a bafflingly simple oversight. Especially since people have been asking for this ability for over a year. What a waste. I can screen share my PC and run a meeting from Florida, but I have to drive all the way back to Michigan to move my mouse. How stupid. Get it together Zuck. 

yxs8495
Honored Guest

Was there any resolution to this problem? I am using Windows 11, I can see and hear the desktop just no means to interact with it. Do I need to configure my controllers?

JohSm67
Rising Star

Ok I assumed the BT Mouse and Keyboard paired with the Quest Pro was supposed to work with the ”Remote Display (Beta)” and Workroom App? As it works fine in Virtual Desktop and the general Browser and Meta Quest GUI!

My current issue is that i get no Keyboard and Mouse to work in those two Meta apps. So why should I then get a keyboard and mouse (Logitech MX xxx) for the Quest Pro at all?

I also spottet that I cant select the Swedish (Nordic) layout in the Keyboard setup menu, only English! Was thinking that the Quest Pro was supposed to be more business friendly than this..

JohSm

Hey @JohSm67. Not being able to use the Bluetooth mouse and keyboards while working through workrooms or just within the headsets in general, can definitely be triggering. When it comes to the supported Bluetooth keyboard models, we do have a set list that is compatible with our Meta Quest 2 and Meta Quest Pro headsets. Could you tell us what kind of keyboard you are using currently to use this feature? 

If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!

I did get a Supported Logitech MX mini (Nordic Keyboard layout)

Using a Microsoft bluetooth mouse.

Works fine with Browser to type text and adjust volume up and down, but fails in Workrooms PC and the Remote Display Beta where keyboard and mouse do not work. Did reinstall the Meta remote desktop app, but it didn`t help, you can connect and see the desktop but no keyboard and mouse support.

JohSm

I relate with @JohSm67 I would love to use the mouse and keyboard that are paired with the Quest 2, and yet control the PC remotely.

Thanks for getting back to us with that @JohSm67. We would like for you to report this as a bug so that our developers can take a better look into this for you. The feature and app you are referring to is in Beta so it may have a few kinks to work out. 

Is there a resolution to this, because I now have Magic keyboard and mouse working great in the headset but not with Meta Remote Desktop link. This is a fundamental flaw, it is like using your machine to remote desktop into a server, but having to drive to the server to use the keyboard and mouse. 

I have had Quest 2 since launch but as I am not a gamer, it has stayed in the cupboard until it is useful.
Pulling out and getting BoboVR strap excited me again and obviously the whole Apple Vision hype where this all works.
You are so close, but so far with latest update v62 I think.

Steve Jones
iMica ltd
https://checkmate1500plus.com/