cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't log in to my oculus account on quest 2.

wiggles420
Honored Guest

I can't login to my oculus account on quest 2, it says i need to update the software. But when i follow the instructions and try to find the update button in the settings menu i can't find it anywhere. what do i do?

4 REPLIES 4

MetaQuestSupport
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey @wiggles420. We're sorry to hear that you've been having trouble upgrading your software, so let's try a few things to get you back up and running.

To manually check for software updates:

• Press Oculus button on your right Touch controller to pull up your universal menu.
  • Hover over the clock on the left side of the universal menu. When Quick Settings appears, select it to open the Quick Settings panel.
  • Select Settings in the top right corner.
  • Select System, then select Software Update from the left menu.

We will be here to assist you if you have any questions or problems.

If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!

MetaQuestSupport
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey @wiggles420 we want to make sure that your issue was fixed, if you are still having trouble please reach out to us. We would love to be a part of getting your problems resolved.

If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!

Hi! I tried your solution but the software update button does't appear where it is suposed to. I'm not sure what to do from here.

Thank you for informing us on that @wiggles420. Since you are unable to locate the button, you are going to need to reboot the headset.

You can reboot the headset by: 

1. With your headset on and powered on, press and hold the power button on the right side of your headset until you see the Power off screen.
  2. Select Restart. Your headset will turn off and then turn back on.

If you're unable to restart your headset:

1. Press and hold the power button for at least 10 seconds. This will manually turn off your headset.
  2. Wait 30 seconds.
  3. Press and hold the power button until your headset turns back on.

Hope this information was helpful! Let us know if any changes occur.