cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't login to Oculus PC app - Help please!

lonewolfvr
Explorer

Hello, I recently got a Quest 3 and upgraded my PC to allow me to play steamVR games on it, however, the Oculus desktop app won't work at all for me.

I install it, but when it asks me to log in to my Oculus account, it just won't. It gives me a few options to login, Facebook, Instagram, or Email, but I don't use FB or Insta, so my only option is email.

It also tells me to carry on in my default browser, but that doesn't open/work either.

I've tried reinstalling the app, starting it as administrator and so on, but nothing helps.

I'm so frustrated as I just forked out on PC upgrades and a Link cable.

I'm running Windows 11 - does this app even work on Windows 11? as I've heard it's an old original Oculus app?
I'll reinstall Windows 10 if I have to!
Please help.

Cheers, Chris

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

lonewolfvr
Explorer

I have finally managed to get it working. I'm not sure how, I just kept choosing the option to continue/login with email, and eventually it worked. My default browser was chrome and it opened this time, after pressing 'login with email' a new window popped up allowing me to continue the process. Had a quick look at HLA via the link cable and my god it looks great!

View solution in original post

13 REPLIES 13

lonewolfvr
Explorer

I have finally managed to get it working. I'm not sure how, I just kept choosing the option to continue/login with email, and eventually it worked. My default browser was chrome and it opened this time, after pressing 'login with email' a new window popped up allowing me to continue the process. Had a quick look at HLA via the link cable and my god it looks great!

Gian031313
Honored Guest

Does it work with quest 2 also since on the pc app I put my password in and its my correct password and it says wrong so I chose log into meta account and when I used my default browser nothing happened?

Hey there, @Gian031313. Having issue with PC VR is never fun, and that is never the experience we'd want for you to have. Just to clarify on this issue, we'd like to ask the following:

• Are both the PC and headset on the latest available version?
  • Have you tried to uninstall and reinstall the PC app?

After you have uninstalled and reinstalled the PC, we recommend you perform a reboot on the headset by following these steps:

1. With your headset on and powered on, press and hold the power button on the right side of your headset until you see the Power off screen.
  2. Select Restart. Your headset will turn off and then turn back on.

Don't hesitate to contact us if you are still having problems with this.

If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!

Hi @Gian031313. We just wanted to check in with you to see if you were still needing assistance with logging into the PC app. If you're still having issues, please don't hesitate to let us know. We're always here to help.

If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!

Cstern3
Honored Guest

i have the exact same problem but it wont let me sign in. ive done 2 password resets already and copy and pasted my email, i also signed in on the website just now so what is wrong with my app

Hello there! We see you are having difficulties logging into your PC app. Is that correct?

If so, we would love to look into that for you, as you mentioned that you have already reset your password twice. Before we continue, do you mind telling us if there are any troubleshooting steps you have attempted already other than resetting your password? 

Please let us know so we can better understand this.

We can't wait to hear from you soon!

Hello again @Cstern3! We wanted to check up on you to determine if you still require assistance in trying to log into the Oculus PC app. If so, don't hesitate to reach out to us again, and we will be happy to continue to help you!

Ghost900
Honored Guest

i cant log in i do the email and the password and says wrong emaill and/ro password

Thanks for reaching out to us, @Ghost900! We regret any inconvenience that may have been caused by the error message indicating an incorrect email address and password that you are receiving. This experience is not something we want any of our users to have. However, we're here to find out what's stopping you from logging in and assist you in regaining access to your account. To ensure clarity, we would appreciate it if you could answer the following questions:

• Are both the PC and headset currently running the most up-to-date software versions? Verify that your Quest is running the latest released software build by reviewing the Meta Quest release notes.
  • Have you experimented with uninstalling and reinstalling the PC app?

After you have uninstalled and reinstalled the PC app, we recommend performing a reboot on the headset by following these steps:

1. With your headset on and powered on, press and hold the power button on the right side of your headset until you see the Power off screen.
  2. Select Restart. Your headset will turn off and then turn back on.

Please follow the troubleshooting steps above and let us know if they prove to be successful. If they're not, don't hesitate to contact us! We are thankful for your time and can't wait to hear back from you!

Still need help?

Did this answer your question? If it didn’t, use our search to find other topics or create your own and other members of the community will help out.

If you need an agent to help with your Meta device, please contact our store support team here.

Having trouble with a Facebook or Instagram account? The best place to go for help with those accounts is the Facebook Help Center or the Instagram Help Center. This community can't help with those accounts.

Check out some popular posts here:

Getting Help from the Meta Quest Community

Tips and Tricks: Charging your Meta Quest Headset

Tips and Tricks: Help with Pairing your Meta Quest

Trouble With Facebook/Instagram Accounts?