cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't pair Quest 2 to phone app

luiz.elesbao
Honored Guest

Hi!

I bought a Quest 2 from a friend. I did a factory reset and them started the initial setup, where it shows the pairing code. The app recognized the code automatically and the setup on the oculus was finished (my meta account is set), but the app gave me the message that wasn't possible to connect to the headset. Everytime I try to pair, I receive the same message. Already tried every "fix" I found online for it and none worked. Don't know what else to do. Everything else works fine.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MetaQuestSupport
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @luiz.elesbao! We see you're experiencing some trouble pairing your recently purchased headset. This situation certainly is not ideal and we know no user would be content to continue dealing with this problem, so we're glad to help! 

Please try the following troubleshooting steps for this issue:

• Confirm your phone is compatible to support the Meta Quest mobile app here.
  • Ensure the phone's Bluetooth is turned on and the headset is turned on.
  • Ensure the headset and phone are connected to the same wireless network (with a dual-band router, make sure they are connected to the same band (2.4 GHz or 5.0 GHz)
  • Clear your phone's Bluetooth cache.

Let us know how these steps go! We're excited to hear your results!

If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

MetaQuestSupport
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @luiz.elesbao! We see you're experiencing some trouble pairing your recently purchased headset. This situation certainly is not ideal and we know no user would be content to continue dealing with this problem, so we're glad to help! 

Please try the following troubleshooting steps for this issue:

• Confirm your phone is compatible to support the Meta Quest mobile app here.
  • Ensure the phone's Bluetooth is turned on and the headset is turned on.
  • Ensure the headset and phone are connected to the same wireless network (with a dual-band router, make sure they are connected to the same band (2.4 GHz or 5.0 GHz)
  • Clear your phone's Bluetooth cache.

Let us know how these steps go! We're excited to hear your results!

If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!

MetaQuestSupport
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey there @luiz.elesbao! We just wanted to follow up with you on the issues you were having with pairing your Quest 2. Did you still need assistance with this matter? Hope to hear back from you soon! Have a great day!

Hey! I think it's solved, but I don't have any idea how. It appears that the serial code was wrong on my meta account but now it's fixed.

Hey @luiz.elesbao! Pairing your headset is certainly an important step, so we're glad to hear you got that sorted out swiftly! If you run into any additional issues with that or anything else at all, please don't hesitate to reach back out to us. We are happy to help out next time! 

Still need help?

Did this answer your question? If it didn’t, use our search to find other topics or create your own and other members of the community will help out.

If you need an agent to help with your Meta device, please contact our store support team here.

Having trouble with a Facebook or Instagram account? The best place to go for help with those accounts is the Facebook Help Center or the Instagram Help Center. This community can't help with those accounts.

Check out some popular posts here:

Getting Help from the Meta Quest Community

Tips and Tricks: Charging your Meta Quest Headset

Tips and Tricks: Help with Pairing your Meta Quest

Trouble With Facebook/Instagram Accounts?