Did you mean: 

Can't pair after creating new account, update to v65 and factory reset

awsomesiz
Explorer

1000003876.jpg

1000003862.png

1000003855.png

Yo!

I updated my Quest 3 to v65 and did a factory reset via boot menu.

I downloaded Meta Quest app, created new account and can't pair my Quest via Bluetooth. After entering 5 digital code I catch error "Headset not found", "Unable to find your headset".

I tried:

Change routers, phones (Nothing Phone, iPhone 13, Xiaomi Poco F3), flash to v64, a lot of factory resets, clear android Bluetooth data and cache, delete all Bluetooth devices, create new Meta account, use Meta Quest Developer Hub on PC and Laptop.

2 REPLIES 2

TheLegend27
Meta Quest Support
Meta Quest Support

Hey @awsomesiz! Thanks for sharing your detailed report on the PTC! Being able to pair up your headset to the mobile app after reverting to the factory state is a pretty big part of the setup process, so I'd love to bring this report to our team to look into further:

• Are you able to access your headset's version number at all?
    • You can check in Quick Settings > Settings > Software Update under the Current Version Details section. The formatting should be 65.#.#.###.###.#########.
  • What's the current version of your Meta Quest Mobile app?
  • If you'd like to share more information with the team, please submit a bug report, so that they have access to more critical information.
    • You can do this in the mobile app, as well as the headset right after attempting to pair.
Technology, at a certain level of sophistication, is indistinguishable from magic. - some wise guy or something probably

TheLegend27
Meta Quest Support
Meta Quest Support

Hey again, @awsomesiz! Thankfully the initial info you provided was enough for engineering to replicate the issue and begin working towards a fix. For your specific case, engineering let me know that you should contact our support team to look into the possibility of replacement options, since the device itself might have issues.

Technology, at a certain level of sophistication, is indistinguishable from magic. - some wise guy or something probably
Still need help?

Did this answer your question? If it didn’t, use our search to find other topics or create your own and other members of the community will help out.

If you need an agent to help with your Meta device, please contact our store support team here.

Having trouble with a Facebook or Instagram account? The best place to go for help with those accounts is the Facebook Help Center or the Instagram Help Center. This community can't help with those accounts.

Check out some popular posts here:

Getting Help from the Meta Quest Community

Tips and Tricks: Charging your Meta Quest Headset

Tips and Tricks: Help with Pairing your Meta Quest

Trouble With Facebook/Instagram Accounts?