cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't pair new Meta Quest 2 without Facebook account

DynamiteDonut
Honored Guest

I just bought a new Meta Quest 2 and as I'm trying to pair with my phone, it brings up the page to log into Facebook. I haven't used my old Quest since they implemented the mandatory FB account to log in and just made a new Meta account earlier this week. Shouldn't I be able to use my Meta account to pair?

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions

MetaQuestSupport
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey @DynamiteDonut before we go too far into this we'd like to let you know that the Facebook account is actually no longer needed for the Meta Quest accounts! And if when you're trying to sign in, you look towards the bottom of the screen there should be a few other options one of which being "Sign in with e-mail" try signing in using that and the e-mail connected to your Meta Quest account. You should be good from that point forward.

If you do need more help or what we told you doesn't resolve things for you let us know and we'd be happy to keep looking further into this!

If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!

View solution in original post

I logged out of the app, uninstalled, reinstalled, and now it’s working fine, thanks.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

MetaQuestSupport
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey @DynamiteDonut before we go too far into this we'd like to let you know that the Facebook account is actually no longer needed for the Meta Quest accounts! And if when you're trying to sign in, you look towards the bottom of the screen there should be a few other options one of which being "Sign in with e-mail" try signing in using that and the e-mail connected to your Meta Quest account. You should be good from that point forward.

If you do need more help or what we told you doesn't resolve things for you let us know and we'd be happy to keep looking further into this!

If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!

I logged out of the app, uninstalled, reinstalled, and now it’s working fine, thanks.

Awesome! We love to see you were able to pair your headset. Please feel free to reach out anytime you have a question or concern, we're always happy to help. Happy gaming!

olive.776348
Honored Guest

Good morning I will like to get into my Facebook account 

Get Help
Did this answer your question? If it didn’t, use our search to find other topics or create your own and other members of the community will help out.

Check out some popular posts here:
Getting Help from the Meta Quest Community
Tips and Tricks: Charging your Meta Quest Headset
Tips and Tricks: Help with Pairing your Meta Quest
Trouble With Facebook/Instagram Accounts?