cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't remove synced media from Oculus app. Already deleted from headset.

WhiskyAndBacon
Honored Guest

Hi.  I manually transferred a TV episode to the Movies folder of the Quest 2.  I watched it, then deleted it using the headset interface to remove it.  I guess in the meantime the episode got cloud synced to the Oculus app, and now it still shows up in the Synced Media section, with no obvious way to delete it.  How do I remove it from the Synced Media section of the Oculus App?!?

193 REPLIES 193

I have submitted a ticket and received no reply! I have now filed a privacy complaint with the Dutch privacy watchdog (AP - Autoriteit Persoonsgegevens). You guys are violating the European GDPR by not allowing users to remove those pictures! Plain and simple.

Yeah, right… that’s why there are no options to delete it from the app in the first place, and that sync is on by default! What if you make a screenshot by accident?! 

I just filed a GDPR complaint with Autoriteit Persoonsgegevens (AP), the Dutch privacy watchdog! Do the same in your country if you are in Europe! They should get a massive fine for stealing pictures from front-facing cameras!!!!!!!”

Imagine that my ticket was closed from 20 times. And it's still being closed despite not resolving GDPR violations.

You ain't going to believe this but after 4 months my stuff is finally removed🤗

You're not going to believe this but after 4 months my stuff is finally been removed🤗

I don't want to worry you but it shouldn't be like that, you should decide for yourself when your data should be deleted and it should happen immediately.

Probably a bug...

JLprogamer2012
Honored Guest

It looks like the issue may be resolved. Open you meta app. Tap menu in the lower right. Open the gallery. Select the image or video you want to delete. Click the cloud with the cross through it. A message will pop up asking you if you would like to unsync. Select unsync and the image or video will be removed from the app.

It will not work, if You delete the files from oculus when You are not synced with app. The files will delete from oculus and stay in app on some server somewhere. Thats why the meta violates GDPR law of users.

Still need help?

Did this answer your question? If it didn’t, use our search to find other topics or create your own and other members of the community will help out.

If you need an agent to help with your Meta device, please contact our store support team here.

Having trouble with a Facebook or Instagram account? The best place to go for help with those accounts is the Facebook Help Center or the Instagram Help Center. This community can't help with those accounts.

Check out some popular posts here:

Getting Help from the Meta Quest Community

Tips and Tricks: Charging your Meta Quest Headset

Tips and Tricks: Help with Pairing your Meta Quest

Trouble With Facebook/Instagram Accounts?