cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't set Guardian Boundary

FliaBG2022
Honored Guest

Hello! I can't set the tracking on my oculus quest 2. I get broken tracking, when I want to set the height of the floor, I manage to get it all the way down but then it goes up and off to the side. After many attempts it leaves me, but if I turn it off again or support the device somewhere, I have problems again. There are days that I can't play, I'm there for more than an hour sometimes.

Also the screen shakes but if I'm lucky the guardian system works well, I don't have any problem mentioned.

I already tried loading it to 100%, deleting the history of the guardian system, changing rooms, it is updated to version 53... etc etc. Can you help me? Thank you

8 REPLIES 8

MetaQuestSupport
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey @FliaBG2022, we see that you are having some trouble with your headset. We hate to see that even with troubleshooting steps you haven't been able to shake the issues. If you haven't already you might want to try, temporarily disabling 120 Hz refresh rate ( if it is active ), setting all the experimental features to default, and consider factory resetting the headset. 

If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!

MetaQuestSupport
Community Manager
Community Manager

Knock Knock. We are just stopping by to see if you are still having trouble. Please let us know if you still have issues. 

If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!

FliaBG2022
Honored Guest
Hello. Thanks for the reply. I restarted everything from scratch and it worked only sporadically. When I get the guardian system to work, I can use it perfectly but if I put the headphones down and put them back on, the problem starts again. I don't think it's a hardware problem because it would never work. Is there any way to check if it's a hardware problem? All this started to happen after having it for a long time without using it.
I want to ask you another question, in 2018 I bought the first Rift Cv1 and then like many, my cable broke and since the company left us with no spare parts to buy a new cable and I had no money to buy new headphones, I started buying used cables that they broke too. Until I bought second hand quest 2 and now I'm with this problem. I wanted to ask you how I can do to recover the purchases I made in that account and transfer the games to the quest 2 account.

You could try manually restarting the headset and looking for updates. You might also try factory resetting the headset to get a fresh setup. However, we believe that this is a last resort. In terms of games, we cannot transmit any information between accounts. When you want to utilize those individual games, you must either log into the separate account or purchase them new. Remember that the Rift and the Quest use distinct types of game sets, so if you purchased it for the Rift, you won't be able to use it in the standalone Quest because it's a separate version. 

Hey @FliaBG2022, we just wanted to check up on you! Are you still needing help? We would love to help. 

FliaBG2022
Honored Guest

Hello. Keep everything the same. it is likely that I will retire from the RV. Only very rarely can I get it to work. I wanted to ask you how to add my account that I have in my Cv1 headset (which no longer works) in my Quest 2. Thank you

Hey there, @FliaBG2022. Thanks for getting back to us! Unless you had created a whole new account at some point, the account should be the same one. Games from the desktop applications library won't be available on a Quest 2 unless it's being used with a link cable or air link and connected with the PC, since they're considered different platforms. If it was a different account, we'll just need the following details to find it and then we can provide the steps for adding an account to your headset. 

• Full name as it appears on your Meta account
  • Current alias/username as it appears on your Meta account
  • Email address linked to the account

We'll be looking forward to hearing back from you!