cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't turn on app sharing

EpicZebra68
Honored Guest

I recently turned app sharing on for a headset I had access to. When I was finished using this headset I performed a factory reset, but did not turn the app sharing off before doing this. I currently don’t have access to this headset, but need to turn app sharing back on for my current headset. When I try it says that I can’t.

Please help.

8 REPLIES 8

MetaQuestSupport
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey there, @EpicZebra68! We entirely understand if you're having trouble activating the app sharing option. Rest assured that we will do everything possible to resolve this issue for you.

We'd appreciate it if you could share any troubleshooting steps you've taken or send us a picture of the error you've experienced. If you haven't already, please visit our support website. We'll leave an excellent link with instructions for enabling the app sharing feature here. Please keep us updated on how things are doing so that we can determine if any additional actions are required.

If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!

jochanerin
Honored Guest

I’m also having issues with this. Keep me posted if you get a response

I am also having this issue. My quest was returned with a default (not turning on) and so no longer have it. I also stupidly wiped the data using the link on the website before disabling game sharing. Now it won't let me turn game sharing on for the replacement headset.

Hello there, @Mummadabest! We hate to hear that you're having trouble disabling app sharing on your previous device. We know how much of an inconvenience this is for users who want to be able to access their games, and we'll be happy to look into this further with you! 

Could you please send us a private message so we can look into your account that has the app sharing feature enabled? You can send us a private message by selecting our name to get to our profile page, or click here. Next, click "Send a Message" to privately message us! Please remember, you must be signed into the community first to send us a private message.

Once you send us that message, we will be able to look into this further!

If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!

I turned on app sharing then found my new device had a blown speaker and I wiped and returned it. Can I get assistance? 

Hey there, @BBYSTARCHILD! We can definitely understand how an audio issue like this would negatively impact your VR experience, and we'd be glad to help out! When you say you returned it, did you return the headset to where it was purchased? We'll be looking forward to hearing back from you! 

ZeekoEntity
Honored Guest

I've also had this issue. me and my family had to return a oculus quest 2 after it was dropped and we couldn't see anything with the lenses. app sharing happened to be on with that headset and we cant get it back sense we returned it for a new. please help us there is a lot of games we would like to share to the new headset.

Hey there, @ZeekoEntity! We know how not being able to use app sharing on your device can affect the VR experience for the whole family. We're happy to look into this with you through a private message! You can send us a message by selecting our name to get to our profile page, or click here. Next, click "Send a Message" to privately message us! Please remember, you must be signed into the community first to send us a private message.