cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't unlink my headset from my account ... no delete button

Marogold
Honored Guest

Hello,

I factory reset my quest 2 and can't delete it from my account.

I did set everything up and tried to delete it before doing another factory reset, but again ... I don't have any delete button available beside my device, just the serial number (in the My Device section of my meta account). Am I missing something?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

DevDoc13
Protege

If you did a factory reset from the connected phone application, it should be removed automatically.  You can try logging into meta.com and logging in with the same account and then clicking on your profile icon in the upper right, then choosing "Meta Horizon profile settings".  This will take you to another site, and then go ahead and choose devices from the left side menu.  From there you should see your device and can choose "Delete Device Data".  This may work if the phone app factory reset does not.  Good luck!

View solution in original post

15 REPLIES 15

DevDoc13
Protege

If you did a factory reset from the connected phone application, it should be removed automatically.  You can try logging into meta.com and logging in with the same account and then clicking on your profile icon in the upper right, then choosing "Meta Horizon profile settings".  This will take you to another site, and then go ahead and choose devices from the left side menu.  From there you should see your device and can choose "Delete Device Data".  This may work if the phone app factory reset does not.  Good luck!

Choleni
MVP
MVP

Hi @Marogold 

Screenshot 2023-12-13 at 18-28-57 Set up a Meta account on Meta Quest Meta Store.png

click on "Meta horizon profile settings"

on the sidebar on the following page click on "devices"

there you can delete your device

It worked just fine, but that button title is so misleading ... Thank you!

Hi @electricunicyclemilton 

if you only delete the device from the "Meta horizon profile settings" it's still bound to your account.

You need to factory reset the headset, after that, you can set it up with your wifes account

Here can you find how to perform a factory reset

I did factory reset, about 7 times lol

That's a lot😂

Actually, I think you did everything correct....not sure, what's going wrong.

You should send a PM @MetaQuestSupport 

Click on the name to visit their profile page, then click the "send a message" button.

I hope, they can lead you in the right direction.

You mean the Quest is garbage now? There is nothing what you can do to pair it?

Still need help?

Did this answer your question? If it didn’t, use our search to find other topics or create your own and other members of the community will help out.

If you need an agent to help with your Meta device, please contact our store support team here.

Having trouble with a Facebook or Instagram account? The best place to go for help with those accounts is the Facebook Help Center or the Instagram Help Center. This community can't help with those accounts.

Check out some popular posts here:

Getting Help from the Meta Quest Community

Tips and Tricks: Charging your Meta Quest Headset

Tips and Tricks: Help with Pairing your Meta Quest

Trouble With Facebook/Instagram Accounts?