cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't update Oculus App

MSLOLA15
Honored Guest
HELP!!!! I tried to update Oculus and it won't update. I went to the Google Play Store to update and I don't see Oculus listed. How am I suppose to update the app? When I click on the app on my Galaxy S7 all it does is attempt to update and goes back to the screen and ask to update app.

I'm afraid to uninstall because I don't see the Oculus app in the Play Store to reinstall. Will someone please provide some options on how to update? I can't use the Gear VR because the app won't update. So frustrated....
49 REPLIES 49

will_naples_fl
Honored Guest
I had this problem.  However, I searched my phone more carefully and found that oculus had been installed.  I just opened the app on my phone by double clicking it.  When I did, the app instructed me to do the update, so be sure to make certain the app really isn't on your phone and if it is double click and update it!

Rhumple
Honored Guest
I only have this issue when I am trying to create my avatar and I click the Randomize button.

Using the Gear VR 2 and Galaxy S9+

Tried the above steps that Gensler  posted but I still have the same issue.

lidajoon
Honored Guest
May 2018 already and I can't install Oculus updates on my Gear VR. Don't ever want to get near facebook. Don't see in Gear VR brochure that I would need to provide my soul and my contacts to facebook in order to get the necessary updates. Can't view 360 photos as it requires oculus updates which requires facebook trash.

VRexplorer17
Explorer
Log out of the app and log back in, should autoupdate.

BarisBrnv
Honored Guest
VRexplorer17 said:

Log out of the app and log back in, should autoupdate.

Well, I cannot log in. The circle on the login button turning for hours but it doesn't let me in.
I tried both facebook login and usual login. Doesn't work. I couldn't login for weeks now. I tried wifi, 4G, clearing the cache, reinstalling the app...

I was considering to buy an Oculus Quest. But, if this is how it will be after a while for that device too, I don't know if it would be good investment.

KadiJD
Honored Guest
Has anyone gotten a fix to this yet because I have followed the guidance on this & STILL haven't gotten a fix. I have the FB stuff enabled & I can access the app when I put it in the headset but if I try to open it from the headset I get this notice that says it needs to do three updates & NOTHING I DO will make it successful is allowing those updates to prevail. I do have enough space for them (I made sure this wasn't the issue). The problem is that all of the apps that I had in my my library aren't showing up there anymore & I'm guessing they need to be reinstalled but you can any do that FROM the app ON the phone but I can't get to it cause of this STUPID update screen! it's driving me nuts.

KadiJD
Honored Guest

KadiJD said:

Has anyone gotten a fix to this yet because I have followed the guidance on this & STILL haven't gotten a fix. I have the FB stuff enabled & I can access the app when I put it in the headset but if I try to open it from the headset I get this notice that says it needs to do three updates & NOTHING I DO will make it successful is allowing those updates to prevail. I do have enough space for them (I made sure this wasn't the issue). The problem is that all of the apps that I had in my my library aren't showing up there anymore & I'm guessing they need to be reinstalled but you can any do that FROM the app ON the phone but I can't get to it cause of this STUPID update screen! it's driving me nuts.

For anyone still dealing with this, I was able to get mine sorted by deleting the Oculus apps all together & then restarting my phone. After restarting the phone, I plugged it into the gear VR which triggered the phone to begin a new download of the Oculus software. Once that was done, I restarted the phone again and once it restarted it immediately started updating on it's own.

You may not need to do the restarting but I did it just to make sure it was clearing everything out & it seems to have worked. I hope this helps for anyone who (like me) hasn't had any luck with the facebook route.

Anonymous
Not applicable
I can get on it but nothing will install!!!! Help please

Anonymous
Not applicable
I know this is really old, but I just got basically a "hand-me-down" of this device. To fix it you have to go into your settings, then apps. Oculus has like 10 different apps in there and I went into each one and allowed all permissions manually then it worked

Anonymous
Not applicable

Perfect and it makes some sense. Not good sense mind you but ... This is actually a full reinstall and of course would work as you don't have to deal with the, obviously, flawed update code! Thank you sandyb55 Kudos!

Still need help?

Did this answer your question? If it didn’t, use our search to find other topics or create your own and other members of the community will help out.

If you need an agent to help with your Meta device, please contact our store support team here.

Having trouble with a Facebook or Instagram account? The best place to go for help with those accounts is the Facebook Help Center or the Instagram Help Center. This community can't help with those accounts.

Check out some popular posts here:

Getting Help from the Meta Quest Community

Tips and Tricks: Charging your Meta Quest Headset

Tips and Tricks: Help with Pairing your Meta Quest

Trouble With Facebook/Instagram Accounts?