cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't use my headset "We have an important update for you"

salutcestsam
Level 2

Haven't used my Rift S in a long time, decided to use it today, but everytime I put it on it displays a grey screen with the message

" We have an important update for you. Please take off your headset and go to the Oculus app on your computer to continue."

When I take it off I'm greeted with this message; 

salutcestsam_0-1654715106356.png

When I click on 'continue with Oculus', I'm back to the app library, and if I put my headset on again, the same message appears on my headset again and on the app. So I'm sent on a loop.

When I click on Log in with Facebook, my browser opens and says the 'Oculus wants to use your Facebook account' when I accept it sends me back to the Oculus page and asks if I want to merge my accounts, however when I click Confirm it displays an error message:

salutcestsam_1-1654715418177.png

I tried: - Closing Chrome and trying again
- Using the Oculus App on my phone to do the merge, it says a Facebook account is already linked
- Re-setting up my Oculus
- Closing the Oculus software 

I'm starting to regret having bought an Oculus headset, and I am out of ideas. Anything I could try before putting it on Facebook marketplace ?

1 REPLY 1

MetaQuestSupport
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey salutcestsam! We couldn't help but notice you were having some issues trying to login and use your Rift S after a while. We know that can be a bummer, so we'd love to help get you back in! Please select our name to get to our profile page, or click here: https://metaque.st/CommunitySupport. Next, click "Send a Message" to privately message us as we will need to gather further information! Keep in mind, you must be signed into the community first to send us a private message.