cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can you play with 2 people both on the Quest system!?!?!

TommyOculee
Level 2
Can you play with 2 people both on the Quest system!?!?!

7 REPLIES 7

nalex66
Volunteer Moderator
Volunteer Moderator
There are already far more than two people using the Quest system. ;j

Do you mean two Quests on the same account? Two accounts on the same Quest? Two people on two Quests playing a multiplayer game together? Two people using the same Quest at the same time?

Yes with some limits, no, yes, no. 

i7 5820K @ 4.25GHz | RTX 3080 Ti FTW3 | Gigabyte GA-X99-UD4 | Corsair DDR4 3000 32GB | Corsair HX 750W
SSDs: Intel 660p M.2 2TB, 3x Samsung Evo 1TB | Startech PCIe 4x USB 3.0 | Startech PCIe 2x USB C 3.1 gen2

TommyOculee
Level 2
 Yes......Can Two people on two Quests playing a multiplayer game together?  

nalex66
Volunteer Moderator
Volunteer Moderator
Yes, Quest has multiplayer games that you can play with other Quest users (also many that can be played with Rift users or other PCVR headset users). For most games, each user must have their own Oculus account, and they will both need to be connected to a wifi network (to connect to the game’s servers). 

i7 5820K @ 4.25GHz | RTX 3080 Ti FTW3 | Gigabyte GA-X99-UD4 | Corsair DDR4 3000 32GB | Corsair HX 750W
SSDs: Intel 660p M.2 2TB, 3x Samsung Evo 1TB | Startech PCIe 4x USB 3.0 | Startech PCIe 2x USB C 3.1 gen2

kojack
Volunteer Moderator
Volunteer Moderator
Although there's no co-location support. That's where both of you are in one shared space with a common coordinate system (like at a multiplayer vr arcade). So if you both tried to play in the same room, you might run into each other
Author: Oculus Monitor,  Auto Oculus Touch,  Forum Dark Mode, Phantom Touch Remover,  X-Plane Fixer
Hardware: Threadripper 1950x, MSI Gaming Trio 2080TI, Asrock X399 Taich
Headsets: Wrap 1200VR, DK1, DK2, CV1, Rift-S, GearVR, Go, Quest, Quest 2, Reverb G2

TommyOculee
Level 2
Thank you!!!! 

Great advice, can you play in the same house just different rooms using the same ip address on the Wi-Fi?

RoastPork
Meta Quest Support
Meta Quest Support

I am not knowledgeable on this but at first glance, I don't see how sharing a Wi-Fi connection would impede multiplayer gameplay. Definitely give it a try though and tell us how it is. 👍

Now you're playing with power...SUPER power!