cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot add an account with headset logged to an account that has been deleted

foqueiroz
Protege

Cannot add an account with headset logged to an account that has been deleted. Cannot factory reset either, as app won't login to deleted account. App won't find headset when logged in with new account.

4 REPLIES 4

MetaQuestSupport
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey there, @foqueiroz. We can definitely see how this would be pretty concerning, but not to worry, we'd be glad to help out! To factory reset your headset without using the mobile app, you'll want to do that from the headset itself. Here's the steps for how to do this: 

From the Headset:

• Power off the headset
  • Press and hold volume down & Power
  • This will boot into the USB Update Mode menu
  • Press volume button to move selection, press power button to make the selection
  • Navigate to Factory Reset and press the Power button
  • The device should now begin the Factory Reset process.

After this is completed, you should be good to go! Let us know if you run into any issues! 

If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!

EDIT: PROBLEM SOLVED: PROBLEM SOLVED: for some reason, none in my old organisation had any admin rights whatsoever (how is that even possible?), so I created a new one, added both my accounts as admins, and now it is possible to enable dev mode. Thank you! (PS: how can I delete the old organisation where no members have admin rights?)

It seems unbelievable, but I now have TWO authenticated developer accounts, and yet I cannot turn Developer Mode from neither the headset (option is not available) not the mobile app (all I get is a link to verify an already verified account! I've been trying to solve this for over a month. Please STOP PREVENTING ME FROM ENABLING DEVELOPER MODE WHEN I HAVE ALREADY AUTHENTICATED MY ACCOUNT(S).

PROBLEM SOLVED: for some reason, none in my old organisation had any admin rights whatsoever (how is that even possible?), so I created a new one, added both my accounts as admins, and now it is possible to enable dev mode. Thank you! (PS: how can I delete the old organisation where no members have admin rights?)

Hey there, @foqueiroz! We're glad to hear that the issue was resolved! For developer questions like this, you'll want to visit the Developer Forums for some more in-depth assistance. If there's ever anything else we can help out with or if you have any questions that we could answer, please feel free to contact us again! 

If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!