cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot add payment tipe

MrChoclo
Honored Guest

So i am from chile (a country from south america) I put everything correctly and then it says "we were unable to use your payment metod" i tried with visa and every card i have and same. I tried in my oculus quest 2,oculus app and same. If someone knows how to fix this error i will probably update.

4 REPLIES 4

MetaQuestSupport
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey there, @MrChoclo. We see you're having a tough time adding a payment method. No worries, we have a few things to keep in mind when adding a payment method.

• The cards accepted are Visa, Mastercard, AMEX, and PayPal.

• The card must be associated with a billing address.

• Check to see if you have any purchase restrictions.

• Check the postal code for accuracy.

You can also try these steps to get a payment method added.

• Uninstall and reinstall the Meta Quest app.

• Attempt to add the payment using a web browser with incognito mode active.

• Attempt to add the payment method using a mobile browser, using Wi-Fi and cellular data.

Please let us know if any of these steps helped get that payment added!

If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!

Tried to reinstall the oculus app, tried to add it on the website and is still the same, i cannot add payment type.

Forgot to say my bank authorized me to add payment type and still cant

We appreciate you letting us know your still experiencing payment issues and would be more than happy to provide you with the help you deserve! Due to the limited tools we have through our Forums we will need you to get connected with our Meta Store Support! Please click here to get connected with one of our awesome agents through a live chat or even scheduling a call. 

We hope to see you back on track!

If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!
Get Help
Did this answer your question? If it didn’t, use our search to find other topics or create your own and other members of the community will help out.

Check out some popular posts here:
Getting Help from the Meta Quest Community
Tips and Tricks: Charging your Meta Quest Headset
Tips and Tricks: Help with Pairing your Meta Quest
Trouble With Facebook/Instagram Accounts?