cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot change avatar from Middle Eastern female to other male looking avater

theosakadude
Protege

Ive had my Oculus / Meta Quest 2 for over 2 years now and the initial avatar given to me is a  Middle Eastern woman?!? I'm a dude but for the life of me NOTHING is allowing me to change it from female to male. What gives? All the Quest Support posts are generic about where and how to change it. But I've tried all and nothings changing it, even switching to old Facebook avatar and Saving doesn't change it. Do I have to wipe my Quest and factory reset? Is my profile corrupt? Soooo frustrating.. 

theosakadude

3 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions

Hey there @theosakadude, we understand you are wanting to change the appearance of your avatar. No worries, we can assist you with that. Everyone actually starts off with the same avatar models and everyone has the same ability to adjust and customize. As of currently, there is no specific gender when creating your Meta avatar. The avatars, upon creation, will be gender neutral. However, you are able to change how your facial features, body type, and clothing looks so it can fit your taste.

You can check out this article to see how to edit and buy additional accessories and clothes for your avatar! We hope this information was helpful and wish to see how amazing you'll look after customizing your avatar!

If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!

View solution in original post

Hi again @theosakadude, you can always tinker with the avatar tools more to make more male-like variations with the options for facial hair, face shape, body, eye, nose, mouth, etc. 

If you feel like there should be more options to choose from, please leave a suggestion here as we love to hear suggestions from our community. We hope this will help clear things up.

If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!

Hey hey, @theosakadude! We are glad to hear you were finally able to change your avatar. We are here to lend a hand if any other issues arise! Happy gaming! 

9 REPLIES 9

Tonberry_Qing
Retired Support

@theosakadude here's a run down of how to create an avatar.  

https://store.facebook.com/help/quest/articles/in-vr-experiences/oculus-features/oculus-account-crea...

Also here's a link on how to edit your avatar in Horizon https://store.facebook.com/help/quest/articles/horizon/connect-and-collaborate-in-horizon-workrooms/...

Have you tried turning it off and on again?

Set up my Horizon Workrooms again and it auto created my middle eastern woman avatar again...and I can't change anything. Can't even delete it.  This is ridiculous. I won't be using the Metaverse I guess until FB fixes this.

Thanks Tonberry_Qing....but you are misunderstanding the issue (or i'm not explaining it correctly).  I access the edit avatar features fine...but I cannot save any changes (usually) and the only options presented are 'female' options...no male options, no cancel avatar and redo option, no delete, no nothing.  All I can do is change the female options for my female avatar. Since I'm a 50 year old Canadian male, this is less than optimal for using in this Metaverse don't you think. Female appearance I cannot change no mate what steps I take and a male voice. People probably think im a weirdo posing as a woman for some nefarious intentions.  META. FIX THIS PLEASE. It's been what more than 6months or more that people are bitching about this issue.

Hey there @theosakadude, we understand you are wanting to change the appearance of your avatar. No worries, we can assist you with that. Everyone actually starts off with the same avatar models and everyone has the same ability to adjust and customize. As of currently, there is no specific gender when creating your Meta avatar. The avatars, upon creation, will be gender neutral. However, you are able to change how your facial features, body type, and clothing looks so it can fit your taste.

You can check out this article to see how to edit and buy additional accessories and clothes for your avatar! We hope this information was helpful and wish to see how amazing you'll look after customizing your avatar!

Been there, tried that.  The only options I have are for a female 'Bindi' avatar. I'm a dude. No dude/male options. I can make myself look 'less' female but still look female at the end of the day. Delete current avatar is the only method to fix this, if not allow male options to populate my Edit Avatar tools. I'm getting no where with this and it has kept me from wanting to go into the public Metaverse areas. 

Hi again @theosakadude, you can always tinker with the avatar tools more to make more male-like variations with the options for facial hair, face shape, body, eye, nose, mouth, etc. 

If you feel like there should be more options to choose from, please leave a suggestion here as we love to hear suggestions from our community. We hope this will help clear things up.

If I hear this response one more time, my head is going to explode *LOL*. I CANNOT find any male clothing or options. It's ALL 'BINDI' FEMALE options...nothing remotely gender neutral (ALL FEMALE). Does that make sense now? This is useless. I should just buy a Pico or cancel my horizon account. Hey maybe that might work. 😉

Ok, it's been weeks and I think there has been some updates because I just logged in and now I'm no longer a Bindi female with no ability to change anything.  I have change my unisex looking avatar to look 'more' male now so I'll take what I can get and be satisfied with this. I might be able to reset it now as well. All the complaints from people must have gotten through to a fix. Thanks for finally getting that resolved. Greatly appreciated. 

Hey hey, @theosakadude! We are glad to hear you were finally able to change your avatar. We are here to lend a hand if any other issues arise! Happy gaming!