cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot log into my oculus 2 after it went dead with the correct password!

Hawaii5.0
Honored Guest

Good afternoon, I’m writing because my son’s VR oculus 2 went dead and when it recharged it asked for the password.  I then went to my notes from when I set it up and it didn’t work.  I don’t want to loose everything I’ve paid for and purchased nor do I want to loose all the friends and followers that he’s met and played with.  It’s sad because this is a hard issue to explain because now I can’t log in to do check and make sure the backup is on to backup everything.  What do I do because I’ve spent to much money to loose everything?  I need to know if I can backup my device from my app on the phone?   I’m able to do everything else from the app and I need to know if I’m able to backup my sons headset from h app!

2 REPLIES 2

MetaQuestSupport
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey there, @Hawaii5.0! We can understand the concern you have with this device not working as intended, and we want to make sure we can get you back into the device without any hassle. In this case, we may need more information about the error you are seeing in the headset when trying to log in. If you can provide the content of that error, it may help us figure out if this is related to the account password, or if there was a password set up for the device. 

As for the information about the account, purchases and friends should be saved to the account, so that would not be lost provided you log into the same account on any device. As you mention you have access to the account via the mobile app, you can make sure to back up everything you can using the Cloud Sync feature. This can make sure most of their game information is saved in the event you do need to do anything like Factory Reset the headset. Hopefully we do not need to get to that step of troubleshooting, but please get us that information if possible, and we can look into this further for you. 

If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!

MetaQuestSupport
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey there, @Hawaii5.0! Just checking in with you about your device issues. If you are still running into this situation with your device, please reach out and we can take another look into this for you. 

If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!
Still need help?

Did this answer your question? If it didn’t, use our search to find other topics or create your own and other members of the community will help out.

If you need an agent to help with your Meta device, please contact our store support team here.

Having trouble with a Facebook or Instagram account? The best place to go for help with those accounts is the Facebook Help Center or the Instagram Help Center. This community can't help with those accounts.

Check out some popular posts here:

Getting Help from the Meta Quest Community

Tips and Tricks: Charging your Meta Quest Headset

Tips and Tricks: Help with Pairing your Meta Quest

Trouble With Facebook/Instagram Accounts?