cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot login to Oculus app?

IridiumStudios
Honored Guest
Weird one, here. It's been a little while since I'd used my Gear VR, and upon booting up my Note 4, I had some updates. Cool.

However, the setup process wanted me to log in with my Oculus account. Okay. But upon entering my E-mail and password, it tells me my username and password are invalid. But they aren't. I just used them to log in on the Oculus website, no problem. I changed my password to something else. Same thing; I can log in just fine on the website, but the app continues to insist the combination is invalid. The internet connection is working fine.

Any ideas, C?
24 REPLIES 24

cybereality
Grand Champion
OK, so I'm not seeing any failed login attempts on your account. Meaning most likely that you are putting an incorrect email address. Is it possible you put your username in the field by mistake (it needs to be the email address, not username)?

Can I also ask from a screenshot of the login page from your phone (especially when it shows any error)? Thanks.
AMD Ryzen 7 1800X | MSI X370 Titanium | G.Skill 16GB DDR4 3200 | EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 | Corsair Hydro H110i Gigabyte RX Vega 64 x2 | Samsung 960 Evo M.2 500GB | Seagate FireCuda SSHD 2TB | Phanteks ENTHOO EVOLV

IridiumStudios
Honored Guest
I wake up, I pick up the phone, I enter the exact same thing I'd entered twenty times prior last night, aaaaaand it works.

For the record, the app logo had changed from last night...perhaps the update needed time to propagate, I don't know.

Sorry for the trouble! Working great now!

cybereality
Grand Champion
Right on. No worries.
AMD Ryzen 7 1800X | MSI X370 Titanium | G.Skill 16GB DDR4 3200 | EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 | Corsair Hydro H110i Gigabyte RX Vega 64 x2 | Samsung 960 Evo M.2 500GB | Seagate FireCuda SSHD 2TB | Phanteks ENTHOO EVOLV

karmachic
Honored Guest
i cant log into oculus app. enter email and password and nothing happens

avsfan9
Honored Guest
tried to log on to oculus app and all it wants to do is create a new account. does not have a log in link ?

Anonymous
Not applicable
Same issue, will not let me login to oculus.  Just keeps wanting me to create account. I've already done that and can login online but not on the app. I'd love to use this device, please someone tell me what I'm doing wrong!

dreamweaver5
Honored Guest
I started to create a new account with oculus and after I did so and confirmed my email address, I returned to the app and could not log in.  It will only let me "create an account" but there is no login option.  I have a valid online account but no option to login on my phone app.  Is there a way to fix this or at least get an explanation on how to get this working?

cybereality
Grand Champion
If you are trying to login on your phone, be sure to set Android text size to medium. If it is enlarged, the login button will flow off the screen. This will be fixed soon, but for now you'll have to reduce font size. Thanks.

Vivaci
Honored Guest

If you are trying to login on your phone, be sure to set Android text size to medium. If it is enlarged, the login button will flow off the screen. This will be fixed soon, but for now you'll have to reduce font size. Thanks.

Thank you SO MUCH! This was driving me crazy, and you solved my issue!  You ROCK!
Get Help
Did this answer your question? If it didn’t, use our search to find other topics or create your own and other members of the community will help out.

Check out some popular posts here:
Getting Help from the Meta Quest Community
Tips and Tricks: Charging your Meta Quest Headset
Tips and Tricks: Help with Pairing your Meta Quest
Trouble With Facebook/Instagram Accounts?