cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot migrate to Meta Account - no confirmed email address on file for this account

TOOTR
Explorer

Please help if you can.

I have an Oculus quest.  I have an oculus account -that's how i can post here.

I also linked my Facebook account to my quest years ago. No issues.

Now there's been a update 4.6 overnight and I am blocked from using the Quest without migrating to a Meta account online.

Every time I try and select to continue with Facebook , it actually pulls out all my facebook email details and then tells me 'Something went wrong, no confirmed email address on file for this account' and to Log Out.

Have tried multiple browsers and through my phone but to no avail.

I am locked out of my quest and wanted to get some Tribe XR djing done tonight.

Appreciate anyone who may have an answer.

Tony

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

vertango
Explorer

Just figured it out. On your Facebook settings add a new email and confirm it. After doing that try setting up the Meta account with no Facebook account and it'll give you the option of either one of your emails. Use your normal email and the setup process should be like normal.

I'm guessing the Meta's system didn't recognise the email as confirmed so it needed another one to get confirmation on both accounts in the backend.

Hope this works for you as well!

View solution in original post

21 REPLIES 21

Thanks for letting me feel less alone! 🙂   I hope a problem shared is NOT a problem doubled!  Will share if i find out any solution.

VR_Arcade_
Explorer

I spent 20 min here and already found many users like us !

I follow this post with a special attention 🤞

vertango
Explorer

Same problem here as well.

vertango
Explorer

Just figured it out. On your Facebook settings add a new email and confirm it. After doing that try setting up the Meta account with no Facebook account and it'll give you the option of either one of your emails. Use your normal email and the setup process should be like normal.

I'm guessing the Meta's system didn't recognise the email as confirmed so it needed another one to get confirmation on both accounts in the backend.

Hope this works for you as well!

Good day! We notice you're having a few issues with your Meta Account. We're aware of the delay this is giving you from being able to use your awesome VR device! 

No need to worry, we want to invite you to our PM to get connected with us so we can further look at this for you. 

Please select our name to get to our profile page, or click here. Next, click "Send a Message" to privately message us! Please remember, you must be signed into the community first to send us a private message.

If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!

Hi , thanks for helping - where exactly in Facebook settings can I add a new email?   

In the settings page there is a contact field that you can edit and it has another button where it says you can add another email or phone number.

Thanks for posting, it worked!. I tried with FB account and worked the same way giving the option to choose your email account.