cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot pair Quest 2 to PC with NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2060 via Quest Link

hyunjinisreal
Protege

We are unable to pair (connect) 3 of our Quest 2 headsets to 3 of our Windows PCs with NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2060 via Quest Link cable, after updating our headsets to the latest software.
We have tried un-plugging and plugging the Quest Link cables, restarting our headsets and PCs, and even re-installing the Oculus desktop app. But nothing worked.

Please help!

169814.jpg169815.jpg

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

hyunjinisreal
Protege

We had it solved. Finally.

We simply downloaded the latest GPU driver (NVIDIA in our case) on both our Windows PC (Windows 10) and laptop (Windows 11), installed it, and the red "incompatible" error message is gone in the Oculus desktop app. And we were able to connect our Quest headset and launch a PC VR app via Quest Link.

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9

AndyTheMedic
Protege

Only since the update or ever? Do the motherboards in the desktops have integrated graphics by any chance?

Neotiny
Honored Guest

Suddenly having issues with quest link looking extremely pixelated, I have a 2070 super.

RSauce
Explorer

Mine was working until the most recent update. I think we got "obsoleted" by the Meta people. Can't use the link at all now. I went through the "help ticket", they told me my system is obsolete after some back and forth. If I hadn't downloaded the update, it would still be working. Now, they don't allow me to go back. Can't find any solution, it would have to be from Meta.

MetaQuestSupport
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey there @hyunjinisreal! We know how much fun PC VR is, we'd love for you to be able to connect your headsets to your PC with ease. Since you've already tried out several troubleshooting steps, we recommend reaching out to our support team with your PC logs so we can take a closer look into what may be causing this issue for you. Here's how you can get your logs:

1. Open the Run window (Windows key + R).
  2. Enter and run: C:\Program Files\Oculus\Support\oculus-diagnostics\OculusLogGatherer.exe
    1. The above link is the default directory. Bear in mind that if you installed the Oculus PC app to another drive you will need to update the command with the correct file path.
  3. Select the checkbox next to ‘Full logs’.
  4. Select "1 day" from the "Collect last" drop down list.
  5. Wait for the log collection to finish. This can take some time to complete.
  6. The program will automatically generate a zip file containing your logs, which will be saved to your desktop.
  7. Attach the newly created zip file to your support ticket.

We look forward to getting this sorted out for you!

If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!

Since the software update in our Quest headset. How do I know if my desktop PC has integrated graphics or not? It would be great if you could let me know, thanks!

We did contact Oculus Support, and have provided the logs. Now we're following the steps below. Hopefully it'd fix the issue.

image.png

hyunjinisreal
Protege

We had it solved. Finally.

We simply downloaded the latest GPU driver (NVIDIA in our case) on both our Windows PC (Windows 10) and laptop (Windows 11), installed it, and the red "incompatible" error message is gone in the Oculus desktop app. And we were able to connect our Quest headset and launch a PC VR app via Quest Link.

That's fantastic! I'm so glad you're back into gaming!

Genesis does what Nintendon't! Send me a DM if you have questions. I'm happy to help!

Zakirchali