cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot register for warranty

cmelcher
Honored Guest

I purchased a Meta Quest 3 from Amazon (an authorized retailer) yesterday.  I want to register for the Meta+ warranty today.  

It says this device is not eligible after entering the serial number.

Though, interestingly, the serial number that showed up in my Meta account is not the same as the one on my device.  I have photos of both.  It was purchased from the official Meta store on Amazon

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

ok yeah, the headset number would be ineligible.

So if you've tried entering the box number and it still doesn't let you progress, I think it's time to contact support here: https://meta.com/help/quest/ 

For your issue, I'd suggest hitting the 'Contact Support' button, at he bottom of the page, then Orders and Payments, Hardware and Device purchase... eventually you get the option to chat or send a message. Hopefully they can sort you out.

13700K, RTX 4070 Ti, Asus ROG Strix Z790-A Gaming, Corsair H150i Capellix, 64GB Corsair Vengence DDR5, Corsair 5000D Airflow, 4TB Samsung 870 , 2TB Samsung 990 Pro x 2, DK2, CV1, Rift-S, Quest, 2, 3, Pro

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8

Which serial number did you enter? was it the one on the headset (for the headset only) or the kit serial number on the box (for the headset and controllers)?

I'm not 100% sure but I think for warranty, it should be the box (kit) number, then it can sometimes take a week or 2 for the warranty to show as active.

Perhaps support can confirm?

13700K, RTX 4070 Ti, Asus ROG Strix Z790-A Gaming, Corsair H150i Capellix, 64GB Corsair Vengence DDR5, Corsair 5000D Airflow, 4TB Samsung 870 , 2TB Samsung 990 Pro x 2, DK2, CV1, Rift-S, Quest, 2, 3, Pro

That explains the two serial numbers.  The box matches the one in my Meta account (but is different than the on device S/N).  So that's progress thanks for you help!  However, it still says that one is ineligible, and I have no idea why.

Oh, I can't even purchase the warranty.  It says ineligible when I try to buy it. 

ok yeah, the headset number would be ineligible.

So if you've tried entering the box number and it still doesn't let you progress, I think it's time to contact support here: https://meta.com/help/quest/ 

For your issue, I'd suggest hitting the 'Contact Support' button, at he bottom of the page, then Orders and Payments, Hardware and Device purchase... eventually you get the option to chat or send a message. Hopefully they can sort you out.

cmelcher
Honored Guest

Sounds like I might have to wait 24 hours from the time of registering online to the time of buying the warranty?

Yeah possibly, not sure how fast the Amazon purchase confirmation gets across to Meta. Won't do any harm to try again in a day or two I guess, plus the New Year may have added a small delay.

Let us know if it resolves itself or if you get support involved.

Hi there, @cmelcher! We are sad to hear you are having some trouble purchasing our Meta Warranty Plus for your Quest 3. We know what a great program this is, and we don't want you to miss out. We would like to look further into this for you. If you could please send us a PM so that we can collect some sensitive information regarding your account and device.

Please select our name to get to our profile page, or click here. Next, click "Send a Message" to privately message us! Please remember, you must be signed into the community first to send us a private message. Let us know if you have any other questions or concerns.

If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!

Hi there, @cmelcher! We wanted to pop back in to check on those warranty purchase issues you were reporting earlier. Do you still need assistance? If so, please let us know and be sure to send us a PM right here. We're eager to hear from you! 

If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!