cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot use occulus since update

Rylan9109
Honored Guest

Trying to connect my headset and this error message appears.

“ Software update required - To access your Meta account and avoid a factory reset, update your device with the latest software. Make sure that it's plugged in to a power source and connected to Wi-Fi for the update to complete successfully”

I was made to do the new software update horizon thing then get asked to go to meta quest and asked to enter an 8 digit code you enter the 8 digit code which then comes up with a green tick saying pared but then a screen appears on occulus saying error occurred try again games are not payable as everything you go to them comes back up with the enter 8 digit code again

According to down detector I’m not the only one having these issues. Is meta working on a fix? 

11 REPLIES 11

Parfy3c
Honored Guest

29Sept2022 Received a replacement headset from Meta for one that wouldn't setup (different issue) and received one with this problem! CHAT SUPPORT said: Be advised that we do have an ongoing issue right now with regards on headset pairing. Due to that, please know that the engineers are well aware of it and we're now currently working on our best to resolve the issue as soon as possible.

mxystor.ioumahxgee
Honored Guest

DISCLAIMER: I hold NO responsibility if your device gets bricked (which you can probably just factory reset it again) so try this method AT YOUR OWN DISCRETION!!!

This is the work-around I did to get it to work:
**Make sure you have the Oculus App on your phone or computer

1.) Charge your Oculus Headset

2.) Follow the instructions in this Youtube Link to create the directory on your computer (preferably the desktop)

3.) Since the video is a bit old, download this Google Drive Link update file (don't worry about the "Google Drive can't scan for viruses" warning. Just click "Download anyway") to your desktop and rename the zip folder to "Update.zip"

4.) Pair the headset to your oculus app and tap "Finish pairing" and follow the steps to pair your controllers.

5.) Let the headset connect to your wifi, download updates, and boom. You're good to go.

Note to the engineering/Dev team:
I am by NO MEANS computer savvy, but comparatively, your efforts are absolute trash. Some people have waited over a YEAR to get some kind of result with no luck and I found the solution in A DAY of google searching. You all need to either get retrained or fired. Don't be sorry. Be better.